Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Much much better ride on the street and now the cops cant hassle me cuz they are DOT approved tires.. Hello Highways! Going to cinders this weekend and we'll see how they do! My buddie has been running these for 2 years now on his 650 and he goes everywhere we all went with knobbies (glamis, cinders, icey trails) They are General Grabber AT2 27/8.5/14 cost $584 out the door at discount tire with the road hazzard certs!

·
Registered
682 Posts
i got a set of Firestone Destination AT's. They are a full 26 inches tall and about 8.5 inches wide. The only problem is that they tend to dart . The tow in was off pretty bad , but even with the tow set and 1/8 in it still darts left and right when you hit a road change. Is this typical or is there something else i can do to help ?They do hook up real good . I have spacers to put on but want to know if steering is ok or is that is just the way it is. You really have to hold on at high speeds or it will take you for a bad ride.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I feel dumb but i thought this where for off road use ONLY?? No matter want tires are on it. In alberta canada i can't do it maybe in the usa you can? News to me

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Much much better ride on the street and now the cops cant hassle me cuz they are DOT approved tires.. Hello Highways! Going to cinders this weekend and we'll see how they do! My buddie has been running these for 2 years now on his 650 and he goes everywhere we all went with knobbies (glamis, cinders, icey trails) They are General Grabber AT2 27/8.5/14 cost $584 out the door at discount tire with the road hazzard certs!

How much do they weigh???

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 1.5" spacers up front and 2" in the rear.. I did notice a little tracking on crappy roads but it wasn't bad.. And yes James here in Arizona we can drive just about anything on the road as long as it has brakes a horn and brake lights.. I did get them balanced and drove home from discount on the highway at 55mph almost like driving a car now nice and smooth and it turns real easy now.. I love all the looks you get as you pass people on the highway.. No clue how much they weigh but I can still go up huge hills on the street at 55 so i am happy :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I am pretty sure the axles will be fine until I do some kind of forced induction after the warranty is up :cool:. Its the DPS cops that hassle you around here about not having DOT tires.. The local cops probably dont know or care to know what they are because I have drove by them many many times with the stock knobbies..

·
Registered
241 Posts
Compared to something like bighorns how do they feel?

I would think that it may make the ride a little stiffer, but you never know. Im looking for a good strong open desert tire, since the stock ones look like they went through the shredder after the first 150 miles:eek:

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

I would think that it may make the ride a little stiffer, but you never know. Im looking for a good strong open desert tire, since the stock ones look like they went through the shredder after the first 150 miles:eek:

I have been running the Big Horns. They work very well, no issues. I bought mine used and it had the BH on it. They seem to work great for all types of ridding. I like the side wall protection like a Mickey Thompson tires.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll take some videos in cinders flyin through some tight trails to show you all how good these work and I will take some hill climb videos.. I went tearin through the forest today and I am very pleased with the feel of the tires when sliding on turns on dirt roads and trails.. Went through some real rocky stuff and came out with no sidewall damage.. They are set at 10psi.. I think these are very suitable for a desert tire out here in the southwest.. We have always use BFG AT's on our trucks that we used to thrash out in the desert in havasu and these tires are a lot like BFG AT's.. My main thing I like is I can now drive my AC anywhere on the road to go on a ride and not have to worry about wearing out some $120 ATV tire that wasn't designed for the street..

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

If you aren't running on the highway, we've found the ITP BajaCross tire is a great choice. They are 8-ply with good sidewall protection. They are a bit heavier though, 4lbs per tire heavier. But for the flat protection and scuff resistance, well worth it for me. Other than that tire, the Maxxis Bighorn has been extremely popular in the desert southwest.

Brandon, I like those Generals on your XTZ, good choice for road use XTZs. Keep us posted on how they perform off-road for you.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have 1 inch on front and 2 inch on back ,spacers. I measured width front and rear and it is 2 inches wider in front than rear. So it evened it out some. I havnt checked my tire pressure. I bet they put whatever the recomended lbs. called for i will air them down and see how it handles. Also the tow was way off, adjusted that and helped hell of a lot. I do like the way it is able to slide in turns. With electric steering and at tires if steers great.Very responsive.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have 1 inch on front and 2 inch on back ,spacers. I measured width front and rear and it is 2 inches wider in front than rear. So it evened it out some. I havnt checked my tire pressure. I bet they put whatever the recomended lbs. called for i will air them down and see how it handles. Also the tow was way off, adjusted that and helped hell of a lot. I do like the way it is able to slide in turns. With electric steering and at tires if steers great.Very responsive.
Are the spacer just for a wider stance or needed for clearance?

Bob

·
Registered
682 Posts
just for wider stance. No clearance problems withnew rack-zilla from unisteer.Is still a little squirrelly at high speeds on pavement, but not bad. I think it will be ok on dirt.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Stock tires and 500 road miles with asphault and gravel miles in 6 weeks. They still look new:D Filled with slime and road hard. 3 hours of mud pit tonight.

Bob

·
Registered
241 Posts
Stock tires and 500 road miles with asphault and gravel miles in 6 weeks. They still look new:D Filled with slime and road hard. 3 hours of mud pit tonight.

Bob
140 miles of desert driving and my stockers got pretty sliced up :eek:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts