Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh boy. I hit rock on a forest service road going about 25 mph tonight. Took it on the passenger side of the front cross member and it stopped us dead. Back wheels came up almost 4 ft off the ground. Folded the AC front skidplate inside out and mutilated the one behind it. Cross member is obliterated and it doesnt steer straight anymore. Passenger and I both blacked out momentarily. Scary stuff. Id hate to think what would have happened if we werent buckled in.

Anywho, here's some pics of the frame damage. I'd like any thoughts or opinions on what I'm looking at for repair costs. I assume the structural integrity has been compromised. I have collision insurance and I have to wonder if this might be write off material. I know there's a few pros on here that could probably shed some light on this.

Thanks guys.

My skid plates that were STRAIGHT when the day began

·
Registered
277 Posts
Wow! Well, first of all, I'm glad you and your passenger are OK! Everything else is just material stuff. As far as the frame goes, I really don't know how you could fix that without replacing at least part of the frame??

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree with sandchris, they wrote my 09 XTX 700 off 3 months ago and mine had the lower A arm ripped off the frame and the upper one bent. No one wanted to touch the frame due to liability. My tilt steering was also broke and the wheel came through the floor. My point being is that my frame wasn't bent that bad. I couldn't pull up your pics, but yours sounds BENT. Glad your Ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts