·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Reserve a set of dual ballast mounts for me? So is it safe to assume that the hood would clear these with no problems?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thinking about HID's for my high beams. My concern is the heat the bulbs generate, do they get hot enough to melt the plastic headlight housings since they are pretty small compared to an automobile headlights housing?

Also how focused are the beams? All the photos you see are looking at the lights from the front and it looks like a big blob or glare, do they project well and do a good job of illuminating the road?

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reserve a set of dual ballast mounts for me? So is it safe to assume that the hood would clear these with no problems?
Sounds great I have a set with your name on them.

Thinking about HID's for my high beams. My concern is the heat the bulbs generate, do they get hot enough to melt the plastic headlight housings since they are pretty small compared to an automobile headlights housing?

I have been running 35Watt HIDS in both HI/LO beams without any heat related issues. I have used them for about 2 hours for a few night rides with great results. They also offer a 55Watt kit but I do some research on them first.

Also how focused are the beams? All the photos you see are looking at the lights from the front and it looks like a big blob or glare, do they project well and do a good job of illuminating the road?
They are 100% better than stock lights. Depending on the heat/color range you get, I went with 6K and the are super bright white. Low beam was great but HI/LOW is the only way to go. You will not need any more light unless you like to drive at night under really fast speeds. They really light up the roads and the only issues I see is if your bumper blocks some of the light and it may leave you with a few holes not lite.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

I have HIDS in my Hi and Low beams with no heat problems and the light is great.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I have Seths Hid Mounting Bracket and it works great.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Seth .. PM replied to

looking forward to a set also

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
My extra mounts have all sold guys. I am making more right now for a few guys that want to buy them. Let me know

$25 for Single + shipping
$30 for Dual + shipping
Don't forget to set aside a dual set for me......:D I'm working on getting my HID order corrected. They sent me two of the correct ballasts, but forgot that I ordered TWO kits. So now I'm waiting for two more ballasts to replace the wrong ones they sent me......

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks to both Seth and Joe. I purchased a set of Seth's dual ballast mounts and they work great. Picked up my HID's from Joe on here and they appear to work great as well. I had one problem, but Joe took care of me promptly. So thanks to both of them.

The lamps would not reach the ballasts when my hood was all the way open. So I did have to make a modification and splice in and solder some wire extensions to allow me to open the hood all of the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Glad they worked out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts