Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my new ron wooods exhaust today it looks killer nice stuff. I also got the air intake kit too. Can't want to bolt her all up. I talked to someone at ron's about a fuel controller he told me that i really don't need one that the prowler 1000 stock ecm will take care of it. I wanted some other peoples thoughts on this? I want to make sure that i will be ok i don't really want to buy a fuel contoller but if i have to i will. thanks

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Yes i would run a fuel controller for sure. pm sent

ok i just talked to the guys and yes these need a fuel controller!!!! i have the map on my Cat, i will try to get it to them next week so they can e-mail it off to you.

for now you can bolt it up and run it, just dont run hard or you will lean out and blow head gaskets imo..

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Ya i just had a talk with the guy Brandon who mapped mine, he is calling Ron and Elliote who are great people btw, but the answer is Yes these exhaust and intake do take a fuel controller and we should have a map that we can e-mail by next week.

i am going to get this handled this weekend looks like.

The Pro SHop and Ron Woods work very close together, if anyone has questions call brandon at The Pro Shop 714-892-1300

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Here is a little sound sample for you James, Hope this helps

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow.... that sounds good. I can't believe all the help you guys are giving me thanks a million...Looking forward to want the new map does for you.What elevation are you running the prowler at? Do you think there will be enough of a difference that it will not be the right map for me? I think i may phone pro shop tomarrow and get a fuel contoller sent out then when i have it i can get the email and put it in. Thanks again .. what a great site this is!! james

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just installed the speed worx clutch kit in the prowler and i am very happy with the results of it. Most differents is on the bottom end and some to in the mid. top end was the same. It has stiffer wet springs so the ingagement is higher it really hopps now!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Not to hi-jack this thread, but I just ordered a BMP slip-on for my XTZ. The person at BMP said I did not have to run a fuel controller either, as the XTZ runs a tad rich anyway. As long as I do no other motor/intake mods, I should be OK, right?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I installed the rod woods exhaust today! It sure is loud!!!:eek: Looking at getting some supertrapps spark things for it. Rick or anybody else does it replace the cap at the end and with a 18 inch core Does it quiet it down good? thanks james

·
Registered
131 Posts
That has got to be one of the sweetest sounding exhausts I have ever heard on one of these things, SWEEEEEET!
Is it a 'slip-on' or a 'complete system'? Do they have any Canadian Distributors? Do you need a fuel processor to run just the exhaust?
Hammer

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Hey James hopefully the rest of the guys don't mind me telling you the help was no problem.Let us know how it all works out when you have it just right.
wow.... that sounds good. I can't believe all the help you guys are giving me thanks a million...Looking forward to want the new map does for you.What elevation are you running the prowler at? Do you think there will be enough of a difference that it will not be the right map for me? I think i may phone pro shop tomarrow and get a fuel contoller sent out then when i have it i can get the email and put it in. Thanks again .. what a great site this is!! james

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts