Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use two GPS units when going to new areas! Around the local area I use my old trusty TomTom! All I'm concerned about is the direction North! We carry great EMS maps of our area (Lake County MI.), and have started to collect other 911 maps as well. They show most of the logging trails, and appropriate markings in the event of an emergecncy. My second unit is the Lowrance Endura Safari, neat little unit. We use this for strictly tracking our route. What we follow in, we reverse and follow out! And we carry two cell phones with different services! Downside to the TomTom is not being able to add trail maps! Garmin has units that have them, but are priced out of our need's! What are other's using? Cell phone apps. seem to be gaining on trail GPS units!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
any help here ??

Off-Highway Vehicle Trails GPS Data: Minnesota DNR

oops that was Minnesota .. fumble around the site some good info though

I have a Garmin Oregon 400 [about 3+ years old now] .... a friend talked me into it and so far don't have very much knowledge in how to use . we always went out together and used his same unit .. but I now live 14 hrs drive south of him so guess I'll have to find the instructions and learn how to use it .... I have zero experience with GPS's

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I made a mount for my old TomTom!, and also found a 9.95 mount for the Lorance Safari I bought several years ago! That was from a post on the forum, Best Buy quit there line, and offered these for 55.00 dollars! Michigan DNR also has the GPS settings! I use the TomTom to keep track of North, and the Lorance to record our trail!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts