Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to the forum.
I have a 2006 Prowler that I've had for 3 years. Added mainly things for underside protection (skid plates, boot guards, etc.) Have put on about 1200 miles of very rocky and muddy trails in upstate NY. I think I was lucky as I have not had many problems and it was a March 2006 build.
Only continuing problem is hard start if it sits for a week or more. Just have to use the primer.
I also added ITP's and Terracross last year - much better traction.
Now I picked up some new shocks (Elkas with remote resevoirs).
They supposedly came off a 2008 700. Shouldn't these shocks fit the 2006 650?
The shocks seem to be too long and I can't get them to compress (tried hose clamps, etc.) Even if I get the springs to tighten up a little, the shock rod does not want to compress. And the A arms can't go down any more. Fronts are 19" eye to eye and rears are 20" (attached is a photo, stock front is 16").
Any suggestions out there? Sure would like to make these work as the stockers are shot.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Hey mulleyville,did they come off a long travel cat or standard travel cat?As far as i know the shock mounts were the same all the way up to 2009 650-700's.The only one i have seen that is different is the xtz.I went on elka's web site and they do not give lengths for there shocks.I would call them and check it out.With those shocks being that long kinda scary on the cv's.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Welcome to the forum lots of great info here... and the shocks wont work they must be off something else

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Hi, And Welcome

1 - 6 of 6 Posts