·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Turned out great!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice setup..........what kind of gun marlin 308.?????????????
Its a Marlin 1894 SS (Stainless Steel) in chambered in .44 Remington Magnum, although I normally use Gold Dot .44 S&W Special HPs in it. This one has an Ultradot 6 optic, Bradley adjustable cheek rest, and a Limbsaver Airtech recoil pad.

It is probably the longest rifle I will carry in the XTZ rack I am building. At 38" overall, it is only 1" longer than an AR 15 with the stock extended to normal length.

I have ordered the hardware I need to build the final version of the rack. I expect to cut and paint the larger plywood base pieces on Friday, if it is not raining.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its done. The 17" wide x 19" long x 3/4" plywood base is very strong. I cut it oversize for appearance purposes. I may mount an accessory box on it later. I sprayed the plywood with (Phil Swift's...lol) FlexSeal waterproofer, then sprayed it flat black. The plywood is bolted to a factory metal seat base that I sprayed flat black. The Kolpin (I am not a fan of Kolpin products) adjustable gun rack is bolted through the plywood.

End result: Easy on - easy off. I can remove the gun rack and install the seat in less than one minute. The base plate, plywood, and gun rack were used parts. The hardware, paint, and FlexSeal were newly purchased.

Link to photos is below:
Arctic Cat Gun Rack In Place Of Passenger Seat by Terry Fiene | Photobucket

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Now that is nice! Great Job Terry!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts