Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here Hi, all has anyone installed a gun rack on Prowler Am looking at 2 gun rack overhead looked on different site all comments where about Polaris can am mule 2011 xtx700

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
New here Hi, all has anyone installed a gun rack on Prowler Am looking at 2 gun rack overhead looked on different site all comments where about Polaris can am mule 2011 xtx700
Welcome to the best prowler site,we have a member on here that just installed gun racks on his prowler,someone will chime in soon.............:)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
It kind of depends on what setup you want. Are you looking for something that will hold your exposed gun, or something that will hold a gun case?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Kolpin makes a 2 gun universal rack for floorboard install [bare rifle] .. I had one and it worked fine

welcome to the site .. fill in signature lines and also location ….. helps us not have to ask a question to answer a question sometimes

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Don't know squat about gun racks, but welcome to the site! Good Information for the asking, great members and will worth joining!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the Kolpin 2 gun overhead rack in my HDX and love it. The only issue is that there is no way to put enough pressure on the spread to keep it in place. Enough vibration will cause them to wiggle sideways and fall.
With the overhead design of the HDX it works out perfect if you spread them out until they make contact then wrap a hose clamp over the two where they meet. Mine is rock solid.
Oh yeah, keep something handy to fill the void in the barrel end. They can bounce around a little.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
swim pool noodles work great for that BTW

also the velcro straps work well to hold things in place and come off easy n quick

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I prefer my guns to be protected from the elements in cases. I don't like the exposed racks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks For the reply looking for under roof mount , exposed don't like the looks of the floor mounts .

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Do you have a round, or square tube machine?

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I've used 1/2" aluminum stock to make mounting tabs on roung tube. I use a hole saw to drill a hole the same size as your tube OD, then cut the aluminum block in half, drill bolt holes and tap them. I use 1/4-20 oval head socket bolts on mine. Then you can mount whatever you want to them. I used this to mount my battery under a frame member. They work great and are easy to make. Also several sites offer the same type of mount.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts