Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stayed home New Years Eve but started New Years Day early.

Ran a couple calls starting around 01:30, went to the station and put some rain guards on the windows of the wife's HHR (pic 1) and then one of the guys at the station said we need to go for a ride. So a few of us went to cut some more trails. Finished up a little while ago with supper at the local Mexican Restaurant.
The old Prowler would never keep up the the RZR 900's when it comes to speed & jumps but for most trail riding no problem it can hang right with the big boys.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
808 Posts
That is about how much snow we have here, rained out and now is a block of ice, still not enough to put the tracks on..I may also go for a toot today..

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I stayed in! The roads were pretty slick, and these people are idiots when it comes to winter driving! Just like everywhere else!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We got about 4 ", a lot has melted already. Most of the side streets are still snow packed.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I stayed home New Years Eve but started New Years Day early.

Ran a couple calls starting around 01:30, went to the station and put some rain guards on the windows of the wife's HHR (pic 1) and then one of the guys at the station said we need to go for a ride. So a few of us went to cut some more trails. Finished up a little while ago with supper at the local Mexican Restaurant.
The old Prowler would never keep up the the RZR 900's when it comes to speed & jumps but for most trail riding no problem it can hang right with the big boys.:)
Good looking car your wife has,I think as for as woods riding the prowler goes as good if not better than most...I always did feel the prowler was underated.:)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gave the ole truck a little upgrade today, add fender flares just for the hell of it. I probably should have waited until summer so the sun could bake the 3M tape a little better.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Gave the ole truck a little upgrade today, add fender flares just for the hell of it. I probably should have waited until summer so the sun could bake the 3M tape a little better.
I like them,they look just like the ones that come on my 2500 HD.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Looks good! My buddy did the same thing with his Ram to cover up the gaping rust holes.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
We used to just radius the wheel wells! Have jig saw, will travel!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good! My buddy did the same thing with his Ram to cover up the gaping rust holes.
I had a little rust starting to show, no holes anywhere. By the time it starts to show past the flares I'll be ready for something else or I'll throw a flatbed on it and make it easier to haul the prowler ;)

I bought the truck used 4 years ago, it's a 2002 with about 215,000 miles on it.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Remember when 60,000 miles was considered high mileage? LOL

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep and when you got close to 50,000 you better trade it in or the value really dropped.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Paradise for High School kids, could always find a 50.00-100.00 junker!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Looks like RD is going to get the snow out of this weekend's storm... Here in NH were getting RAIN.... I want to put my tracks on Sooo bad and go play..

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Do you ride the same trails as snowmobilers? They close the trails here in December, and reopen in March. Snowmobile clubs take them over, and also maintain them.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Do you ride the same trails as snowmobilers? They close the trails here in December, and reopen in March. Snowmobile clubs take them over, and also maintain them.
In Idaho they do use the same trails , but most snow cats ride the more "open" ones v/s woods trails that are so narrow very lil to no turn around room for a snowcat but there are a few who venture into the "ruff"

·
Registered
808 Posts
Most trails in my home area are only open to snowmobiles (conservation land) , now where we rode with Brian they are the same use.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
We basically run into the same crowd year round! Anybody in any Powersports can't be bad!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I've seen some snobbery from the snow cat crowd ... like why you out on "our trails" it's your turn after melt. mostly during hunting season especially late season

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like RD is going to get the snow out of this weekend's storm... Here in NH were getting RAIN.... I want to put my tracks on Sooo bad and go play..
From the looks of this we're only going to get a dusting from this weekends storm :( I put the plow on anyway just in case the storm tracks shift.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts