Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you guys that have switched from other utvs how does the xtz compare? Running in the dunes,down a fast wash, fire roads etc?

·
Registered
861 Posts
this is my first utv but so far it loves sand and hardpack...gets a little wishy washy about 55-60 on gravel, havent figured that one out yet...tires maybe? does love the pavement too, street legal here!

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
My Rhino had some of the best long travel I have ever tried so not a good comparison. I don't drive other peoples rides so i haven't driven that many Utv's aggressive like I have my Rhino and Cat. But i do have many hours in all different rides, driving and passenger.

I will tell you the difference I noticed. The cat seems like a short bus, not top heavy but you sit up higher so that took some getting used to. The suspension is really awesome especially for stock, The rear end i bottom hard often. Its tightened all the way down but It still slams on drop offs, bunny hops off stuff and in the whoops of course.

I drift corners allot more in the cat, you have the power to really steer with the rear end. If I am going into corners to hot, like in the wash, I can slide into the corner sideways and gas it out of the corner, more like a bike or quad.

I would say for stock suspension i give the cat a B+

I would give the stock Rhino suspension a B- at best
I would give the stock Rzr S suspension a B+ maybe A

The front works great, I just cant get the rear to match, i have had no tie rod problems or spindle problems. i have bombed this thing threw the Dunes, lots of good air time, it dunes really well, jumping into big dunes does really well the engine really helps, rides allot like a quad.

Its very nimble for a big UTV. its always on its toes it feels like.

I want to add the huge brakes saved my azz many times.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Yep!! LT is needed

For the Dunes the shocks were great, But for the whoops you have to go Long travel. And there are a lot of whoops out there, i notice them now with stick suspension!

For woods or Trail riding upgraded shocks maybe adjustable would probably be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts