Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Super hot at Black River Falls (Wi) trails and the Prowler fuel vapor locked terribly on hot soaks after hard runs. I'm not sure if was the heat or the fuel, I was running 91 octane pure fuel, no ethanol. After the engine would finally fire up and stop sputtering after cool fuel found its way to the carb, it ran great. I think I'll wrap the fuel lines this week, but won't find out if that's the fix until the next hard run. But, it won't be at BRF, those trails are meant for RZR's and Wildcats. The Prowler took a lot of punishment, but our bodies took more. The suspension is not made for these kind of trails.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Heat sleeves are available from Summit/JEGS. It is amazing how much heat these things generate at full bore!

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember putting clothes pins on the fuel lines to act as a heat sink. It worked on my old 69 Chevelle SS! Hmm.... :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had some heat sleeve around but it didn't fit over the connector but I made it work. The fuel line looks like it's been cooked a few times. So it must get hot. I would try to add some zip ties to get it farther away from the exhaust too. (Ignore that only the 1000's have the exhaust near the gas lines)

I haven't ridden BRF in a few years and it was winter. I don't remember it being that rough. Is it pot holed everywhere after a summer of riding? Rode in the Hurley,Wi area last weekend only one trail beat us up and the Wildcats (Sport & 4x) thought is was rough too. They should have just gone faster and I should have slowed down.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, BRF was crazy rough! The soft sand was getting trenched and full of moguls. I found it rode much better in 4WD than in two, but it was still all washboards. I'll get to the fuel line insulating later this week, I hope. Finishing up on a deck project now, before I go back to work from vacation.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
last years when I was down in Parker Az. right after some huge rains we used several dry river beds to run distance [miles] and were the first to be on them ..... flat like glass for miles and miles ..these same area's were nearly un drivable a few days before I got there ... ran at full throttle the entire time we were in them.

the day before I got there they had 4" in four hours .. the flash floods were all over the area .. in the two months we were there had no rain to speak of and the drainages got progressive worse to ride in.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
I remember putting clothes pins on the fuel lines to act as a heat sink. It worked on my old 69 Chevelle SS! Hmm.... :)
Ah, The good old days!

·
Registered
54 Posts
i just started reading this thread because my prowler started running rough at high speed today,I used it to fill my deer feeders and got stuck, after getting pulled out and going home, it would start to miss at about 45mph, I could tell it was pretty warm, what do you think caused this, first time I've noticed that.thanks,I'm pretty new to these things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts