Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the trick to get my prowler to shift easer? Sometimes it doesn't want to shift from one gear to another. Please help. Thanks!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Pretty much all UTVs are like that. Sometimes you have to go in and out of a gear a couple times to get it in. I have driven Rhinos and RZRs that do the same thing. You might need to re-adjust your shifter if the selector is in one gear, but the dash reads a different gear. If that's not the case, then it is like a woman. Just play with it a little til it gets into gear!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
next year thay will make them outa rubber

First thing to do is to check youre idling rpm,engine up to temp,set idle at 1750 rpm i believe ??? anyway just turn it down a little,
when the engine brakes in the idle goes up, which in turn makes the clutch want to engage i.e hard to shift,-- o-- and always step on the brake.
Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
I might be alittle late to your question! I have the same problem and what I do is tap the accelerator ever so lightly while trying to shift into desired gear and it pops right in.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I might be alittle late to your question! I have the same problem and what I do is tap the accelerator ever so lightly while trying to shift into desired gear and it pops right in.

Same here. Works every time.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
With the way the trans gears are cut, it has to be in the sweet spot for it to go into gear. Bumping the gas with a little pressure on the shifter will help when it is in a bind. We all know you can't shift while your moving but I have noticed if you applie alittle pressure and make your shift when just before you come to a complete stop. You basically are coming to a complete stop like you should but just before the tire stops you can slip here into another gear.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts