Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at my prowler in the garage and noticed a 18" puddle of gear oil under the front diff.. Anyone else had this issue?? I havent really torn into it yet just want to see if anyone else has seen this. This is after a long glamis weekend of running in 4wd the whole time.. Doesnt look like the axle is popped out but who knows..

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Never heard of the front axles or seals being a problem on the XTZ 1k. Doesn't surprise me though. There should be a new part for the axles you can get them under warranty through your dealer. Johnny form UTV crap had some for sale as well. You may want to check the bellows and see if it has a hole in it or came loose at the diff.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Never heard of the front axles or seals being a problem on the XTZ 1k. Doesn't surprise me though. There should be a new part for the axles you can get them under warranty through your dealer. Johnny form UTV crap had some for sale as well. You may want to check the bellows and see if it has a hole in it or came loose at the diff.
The new part number axles are for the rear only. That number is 1502-668. The old ones had problems with popping out at full droop. But I haven't heard any doing that on the front.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
The new part number axles are for the rear only. That number is 1502-668. The old ones had problems with popping out at full droop. But I haven't heard any doing that on the front.
Daryl

Does that rear part number superseed 1502-562 then? That's what Arctic Cat EZ search lists as the current rear axle. I see that the fronts are 1502-347 (right) 1502-348 (left).

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Daryl

Does that rear part number superseed 1502-562 then? That's what Arctic Cat EZ search lists as the current rear axle. I see that the fronts are 1502-347 (right) 1502-348 (left).
Yes, that is the part number for the HALFSHAFT,27T,EXTRA PLUNGE COUPLER
as listed for the 2010 XTZ (retro fits the 09 XTZ). This shaft corrects the axle from pulling out, it has a compression coupler that keeps the shaft seated in the diff assembly.
Here's the hard part, AC has a MSRP of $231.49. But talk with your dealers. They can't advertise openly on here any price but the suggested list....I know Johnny from UTVCrap is selling the extra plunge axles installed for a pretty good price.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Looking at my prowler in the garage and noticed a 18" puddle of gear oil under the front diff.. Anyone else had this issue?? I havent really torn into it yet just want to see if anyone else has seen this. This is after a long glamis weekend of running in 4wd the whole time.. Doesnt look like the axle is popped out but who knows..
I think I saw you at oldsmobile hill this weekend did you happen to see me out there? I would have been the orange XTZ with custom cage and no bed. Hope you had a good time and glad you at least made it home before having too big of a problem.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw another XTZ but it was at our camp at wash 13.. it drove by had half door that were orange and said prestige motorsports on the side.. I dont know if I saw you there was tons and tons of ppl there.. We are going again for new years if anyone else is going we'd all love to camp with you guys..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts