Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well our group went for a ride sunday at the Hassayampa river from I-10 339ave to wickenburg via the Hassayampa river bottom. Easy ride. Yeah..
a few break downs smoked belts, lost one broken one we were following until dave crashed into a tree and Barbwire fence and we stopped and joel continued limping his along and got off the main trail and it quit moving and we passed him unknowingly and got back to camp (20 miles away ) to figure out he wasnt there . so three hours later we found him when the sun was setting, and a few 840 teryx cars were out of gas on the trail now to. Gps showed us covering 73miles total for the day including the search mission.
Heres the start of the day off to good one for sure..

Daves teryx steering wheel after the tree clearing incident.. :eek:

Utvs dont like water injection. Hehehehehe

25+ miles deep new belt and clutch on Rhino smoked Mechanic didnt tighten bolt good enough and the inner sheeve slipped and stripped. smoked 2 belts and caused major problems for the rest of the day.. Joels now selling his Rhino and buying a stock Robby Gordon edition 4 seater Rzr. There was a guy with us testing his New Gordon edition out for the first time and probably just made 2 sales after everyone drove it and figured it would be good for a family wagon.

·
Registered
861 Posts
for some reason i thought they closed that down at the 339th area...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We went to 339 ave went north to indian school rd and went east a few miles and at the river we went left and parked. Lots of the drag banshees and 4 strokes running a groomed section of sand. they were racing untill the sun was down.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Now that's my kind of ride! Count me in next time. I always bring my spot device and plenty of tow ropes.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I imagine we will attempt some ride here soon. I will get ahold of ya.:D
Never a dull moment on our rides. The destination may never come to about but its all about getting there thats where the fun is.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took the stock one, the wifes cat 800 rotax. It was good no problems. The fuel injection fuel economy is great. We had to back track 15 miles and the 840 teryx cars were running out of fuel and one was dead empty and had to be towed back in. I made it back with about a 1" of fuel on the bottom of the tank.(tree branch gauge) fuel gauge said low fuel when we were on the way back to camp the first time and I went back up and found Joel and still made it back. Im pretty happy with the fuel economy. 73 miles on Gps and I used 7 gallons and we were pedal to the metal almost every bit of the way. running almost 60mph in the wash not bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts