·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it says guys Have you?

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
That's an easy one I made a poor choice in heaters. When I first got my prowler it was the spring after the "Official Blizzard" we had, I decided to get a plow and wanted a heater mainly to keep the windshield clear. After a lot of looking around I got one from Summit Racing. My setup is like the one Arctic Cat sells but cost a lot less and more btu's.

My mistake was I got one that I think was an over kill, I think a smaller one would work just as well and could have been mounted under the dash and I miss the storage under the hood.

Summit Racing® Automotive Heaters SUM-991106 - SummitRacing.com

·
Registered
432 Posts
That's an easy one I made a poor choice in heaters. When I first got my prowler it was the spring after the "Official Blizzard" we had, I decided to get a plow and wanted a heater mainly to keep the windshield clear. After a lot of looking around I got one from Summit Racing. My setup is like the one Arctic Cat sells but cost a lot less and more btu's.

My mistake was I got one that I think was an over kill, I think a smaller one would work just as well and could have been mounted under the dash and I miss the storage under the hood.

Summit Racing® Automotive Heaters SUM-991106 - SummitRacing.com
...is the link to Summit the heater you got. Would it not mount hanging from the dash? How many watts does the fan pull on high? Looks like a good unit, especially for the money and a defrost duct kit available.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
That's the one I got, with it's size I was having a problem finding a place inside but I think it would have been better so it would recirculate the warm air instead of cold air under the hood. I mounted it like the one sold by Arctic Cat.
I used this kit for the defroster due to the size, the heater has 3" outlets and these are 3" the one that says defroster kit is 2.5"
Summit Racing® Heater Duct Kits SUM-991103-1 - SummitRacing.com

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I do have one thing,I wish I had bought a fold down type windshield.like TBirds the one i have now is two piece.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
mike i was checking out that heater,that is nice for that price,looks like it would run you out.:)
It was on sale when I bought it, paid less than what it shows now.

·
Registered
432 Posts
That's the one I got, with it's size I was having a problem finding a place inside but I think it would have been better so it would recirculate the warm air instead of cold air under the hood. I mounted it like the one sold by Arctic Cat.
I used this kit for the defroster due to the size, the heater has 3" outlets and these are 3" the one that says defroster kit is 2.5"
Summit Racing® Heater Duct Kits SUM-991103-1 - SummitRacing.com
Definitely want to recirculate inside air. Would this not hang down under the dash?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Should've bought a different pipe.... I used a FMF Powerline. The finish was VERY short lived and the packing was gone in no time. I'm thinking HMF next time?,,

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Definitely want to recirculate inside air. Would this not hang down under the dash?
It's fairly big I might be able if I put the vents facing up, one other reason for putting it under the hood like the factory one is to protect the blower from the rain & mud when I have the top off. If I would have gotten the smaller one it might have fit behind the dash.

2013-01-07 10.10.17.jpg

2013-01-07 10.09.47.jpg

·
Registered
733 Posts
Should've bought a different pipe.... I used a FMF Powerline. The finish was VERY short lived and the packing was gone in no time. I'm thinking HMF next time?,,
I would definitely recommend hmf pipes. I put a swamp series xl with turn down pipe on mine last year and it seems to be holding up very well. Good sound without being too loud.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
nice clean set up,looks like you still have storage.i like how you did your vents in the dash.:)
There's still a little storage but I need to block below the end of the heater so stuff doesn't fall to the deep part, hard to get my hand down there. The vents work good, they turn 360 and can be closed, I also have one that comes out under the dash.

·
Registered
432 Posts
There's still a little storage but I need to block below the end of the heater so stuff doesn't fall to the deep part, hard to get my hand down there. The vents work good, they turn 360 and can be closed, I also have one that comes out under the dash.
...installation looks good and a lot cheaper than 4/500 bucks Acat wants.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
...installation looks good and a lot cheaper than 4/500 bucks Acat wants.
Thanks, the 2012 AC catalog has it listed at 599.00 bucks figured I could make a few mistakes and still save money.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I want to add a heater to mine along with a soft enclosure for now (to help with those cold mornings during hunting). I may have to hit you up for the best options for a heater that don't break the bank.....

·
Registered
561 Posts
couple of things I wish I would not of done. Cut up the front storage area, remove the e brake, put muzzy exhaust on it, snorkel it, and trust my servicing dealer. Best things was the Elka shocks, gauges, , new seats, steering wheel and hid lights.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts