Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will not go in 4x4....thought I would follow shop manual. saw problem with selector switch so changed out. when going thru process tests do have battery power where needed but when suppose to have 0 volts on the actuator have 8 or 9 volts. please help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
404 Posts
Member just had a crazy 4x4 problem on here. His would lock into 4x4 in reverse, but when he would shift from rev to forward it would disengage. The relay ended up being corroded so he cleaned it and it's connectors and it was fixed.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,040 Posts
Member just had a crazy 4x4 problem on here. His would lock into 4x4 in reverse, but when he would shift from rev to forward it would disengage. The relay ended up being corroded so he cleaned it and it's connectors and it was fixed.
Like cClark said check and clean all your connections,including your relay in the fuse box,there will be a relay and a diode beside it............
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4x4 actuator problem solved

thanks cClark and de3.....exactly what it was. put elect. grease on connections on the relays and the diod. was working only in reverse and when I cleaned corrosion from diod everything started working right.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,040 Posts
thanks cClark and de3.....exactly what it was. put elect. grease on connections on the relays and the diod. was working only in reverse and when I cleaned corrosion from diod everything started working right.
COOL stay in touch we like new members.................:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
404 Posts
Glad we could help!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
107 Posts
I had issues with my servo, the rubber boot on the actuating arm rotted off in 150 miles of use. I pulled it apart and cleaned the mud and water out of it, greased it up, then greased the shaft and put 2 orings on it then put the base plate from the rubber boot back on to hold the o rings in place. I have not had any more issues with it. I thought about using the rubber boots from a model RC boat from Dumas on the shaft, and I will try that next if the orings fail on me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,040 Posts
I had issues with my servo, the rubber boot on the actuating arm rotted off in 150 miles of use. I pulled it apart and cleaned the mud and water out of it, greased it up, then greased the shaft and put 2 orings on it then put the base plate from the rubber boot back on to hold the o rings in place. I have not had any more issues with it. I thought about using the rubber boots from a model RC boat from Dumas on the shaft, and I will try that next if the orings fail on me.
The only trouble I had was the actuator was leaking oil around the shaft toof it apart and the o-ring was installed wrong from the factory.new o-ring no leaks.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top