Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site and was wondering if anybody has had a chance to drive the new HDX with Power Steering? I'm torn between the 1000 XTZ with Power Steering or the 700. Or should I wait and see if Cat comes out with a HDX 1000. Any report or input is welcome.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Welcome, I drove the HDX Love the shifter on the dash, All the roll over safety stuff my drive you nuts, Love the new steering wheel, I hope I dont start anything with this but the power steering is to GM like for me(Just me) I think it feels like its a little quicker than my 700 XTX( maybe the gearing) seamed to ride better on the street. When you look behind you the bed looks like a football field is (the bed is BIG) behind you, dont like the cheap DURO tires on it. It may sound like I dont like it but I think it will be a great machine for someone looking for a work machine. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Welcome to the site

·
Registered
656 Posts
Welcome to the prowler nation.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the house

·
Registered
618 Posts
I drove the HDX before buying my XTZ.

The power steering rocked, wasn't overly impressed with the shifter in the dash (seemed hard to shift), the safety shields made it awkward to get in and out with street clothes (can only imagine the nuisance when suited up in winter gear)

It also had a major metal vibration at lower rpms (think it was the storage doors under bed but not sure) that drove you nuts in a short test drive.

I went with the XTZ for the fact it was a better deal, I had parts that would go right on it, and I prefer the look.

Test drive them both and see which suits you better is the best advice I can offer.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'd like to extend my welcome too.
I almost had to drag my wife away from the HDX our dealer had on his lot. I will admit it is a very nice unit. It had storage everywhere and the power steering is like putting ice cream on pie. (yummy) I would be really impressed if the powerplant was 1000cc's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the all the great info and the warm welcome. I would love to have the 1000 motor with the bench seat so I may just have to wait one more year and see if Cat will make a 1000 HDX. OR..... I could just go get the 700 because I'm sick of not having a Prowler!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Prowler 700 HDX

I'm looking for a side by side and I have tried the HDX. I was impressed about the power steering, the low noise of the machine, the suspension... We want to go on trails here in Quebec all the family together (my wife and our 2 dogs in the box). We will use it to plow but not to work with. So, is it a good machine for us? Or is the 550 or the XTX better choice?

Anyone here has one and can share its experience? Thanks

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The HDX will give you more room in the bed for the pups.
Has a nice bench seat.

Wheel base is 10" longer so it will scrub a bit more than the 550.
The 550 is a solid machine as well and not much slower than the 700's.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I had the 550 and in my opinion not a bad machine but for me it was underpowered. I traded mine in and got the 700xtx and find it has all kinds of go. The HDX looks like a very solid machine and like riddler said, it has the bigger box. The only thing I wasn't a fan of with the HDX was that the engine and intake appeared to be quite low in the machine. This would only be an issue if you ride in an area where you have to cross water frequently. Also, make sure you buy from a good dealer that's big on customer support.

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Ahahaha!! still looking! been dealing with a pretty helpful bunch lately at a dealership in maine but I haven't been trying to get warranty work, just buying parts and getting advice.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I would also like to here some feadback on the 700 HDX.

I like the HDX thats prob my next rig. No reason to get into the 1000 for what I do with mine.

Bring your bike up here to fairbanks.
i was just kinda kidding. there is a lot of good dealers all over the state. just when something happens its get in line for service not to metion having parts in house. I have asked some questions that makes them scratch their heads but in time the do give some reasonable answers.

if I was to drag it up there, it wouldn't be to work on it..it would be for you to take me on a ride.:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
New to forum and new to my 700 HDX . However did have it out to our ranch and it climbs like a goat . I like the power steering and had it up to 50 MPH still had pedal left but I'm in the break in period and did not want to max it out. Right now looking for a full set of skid plates for the bottom including A-Arm protectors . I saw some on the Arctic Cat site , however they seemed a bit pricy .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts