Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you who helped me last week know, I have a 2011 HDX that has been through the ringer more than once. Well it is back in one piece now-with rebuilt drivetrain-waiting to be picked up. Anyway the dump bed gas struts are shot, one is missing actually. Does anybody know the specs of these? I would like to find a pair on ebay as I see I can get 2 for less than one from AC. I need to know the length extended and retracted, as well as how many #s of pressure. I was thinking like a 60# or more so it dumps easy with a load of rock in it. But I still need to be able to lower it back down by myself! Thanks again!
Dan

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Yea I would try E-BAY just try to find a pair for a HDX I looked at mine and there is no pounds listed on mine,yours might have more pressure since you have a different bed and the length is probably different also.:)

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
They all use the same strut, 2506-194 , 39.95 Each!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Let me check to make sure If I still have one if I do you can have it just pay the shipping.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, i found the AC ones that are $40 but I assume any gas strut will work as long as the length is right, I was thinking about getting like a 60# or bigger size since the box is pretty big and would hold 1000# of rock easily. If you guys happen to know the length that would be great otherwise I will get it home this week and take the old one off. thanks!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I do have one if you need it just pay the shipping.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Joes5091 I appreciate the offer, but I do need 2 of them and I'm not sure I will save much buying 1 from you and 1 from ebay vs buying 2 at a time on ebay.

I did get the one I have off and am having a ridiculous time finding any info on the thing even though there are numbers all over it

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Joes5091 I appreciate the offer, but I do need 2 of them and I'm not sure I will save much buying 1 from you and 1 from ebay vs buying 2 at a time on ebay.

I did get the one I have off and am having a ridiculous time finding any info on the thing even though there are numbers all over it
To bad the electric lift didn't cost so much,that would be great for your use.:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To bad the electric lift didn't cost so much,that would be great for your use.:)
No doubt about that! I considered rigging up my own electric lift, but after dropping in a whole new reman drive train I need to curb the spending on this project for a while.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
They do make it next to impossible to track numbers on these things! I see EATON Numbers on many parts, but can not find any reference to any of them!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Cylinder, Heads, Rear end, I'm guessing they do all of the aluminum castings for AC.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Very big in the automotive field! They make the Turf saver rear for AC, but you can not find parts for it except for the complete assembly! I like the turf saver, makes it easy to steer!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Joes5091, it looks like I will spend $40 worth of time trying to find a strut that fits this thing. I have never had such trouble finding something on the net before. Is the one you have brand new? How much do you think it would be to ship it to MN? I will try to figure out the PM thing on here shortly. thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Very big in the automotive field! They make the Turf saver rear for AC, but you can not find parts for it except for the complete assembly! I like the turf saver, makes it easy to steer!
I have turf saver on my xtx,wife is a gardener.It seems to me that I have way too much hesitation when turning in mud.Is this common with this type of diff?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Joes5091, it looks like I will spend $40 worth of time trying to find a strut that fits this thing. I have never had such trouble finding something on the net before. Is the one you have brand new? How much do you think it would be to ship it to MN? I will try to figure out the PM thing on here shortly. thanks!
I took it off when new shiping
About 6 bucks for priority mail

1 - 20 of 20 Posts