Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2014 Prowler 700 HDX and when I take off and start riding it, it starts to smell hot and when I lift the box up and look at the exhaust, it is beat red and hot. You can feel the heat coming through the holes for the seat belts. I do have a soft cab on it. I didn't know if the soft cab is affecting it or not. I did take the rocker panel off on the driver side and had a piece made with some air vents to pull some air into the engine area but that didn't seem to help. Anyone else have any other ideas why it runs hot. I don't even have 70 miles on the thing yet. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I bought a 2014 Prowler 700 HDX and when I take off and start riding it, it starts to smell hot and when I lift the box up and look at the exhaust, it is beat red and hot. You can feel the heat coming through the holes for the seat belts. I do have a soft cab on it. I didn't know if the soft cab is affecting it or not. I did take the rocker panel off on the driver side and had a piece made with some air vents to pull some air into the engine area but that didn't seem to help. Anyone else have any other ideas why it runs hot. I don't even have 70 miles on the thing yet. Thanks.
Its running way to lean if the exhaust is glowing........Take it back to the dealer.......

·
Registered
227 Posts
Interested in hearing the Results on this issue!

·
Administrator
7,349 Posts
Sure sounds like a fuel mixture issue! it should never get that hot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts