Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 HDX started making a nasty clunking noise upon acceleration/deceleration, got a second set of eyes on it while running it and the front lower mounting tabs that hold the rear-end in are broke off. They are really lightweight looking and without them obviously there is enough torque to twist the rear-end. Is this a common thing that anyone else has experienced? I realize mine was possibly delivered via- chute-less parachute drop, at least it looked like it when I bought it. If not, it seems like a weaker spot that should be checked now and then to see if it is cracking.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
My 2011 HDX started making a nasty clunking noise upon acceleration/deceleration, got a second set of eyes on it while running it and the front lower mounting tabs that hold the rear-end in are broke off. They are really lightweight looking and without them obviously there is enough torque to twist the rear-end. Is this a common thing that anyone else has experienced? I realize mine was possibly delivered via- chute-less parachute drop, at least it looked like it when I bought it. If not, it seems like a weaker spot that should be checked now and then to see if it is cracking.
There has been some issues with the mounting tabs breaking.:(

·
Registered
561 Posts
welcome to the club of rear diff tabs breaking. had the same thing happen to my prowler 1000. But I was deep in the bush and had to be towed out by a Polaris quad. They love it when they get to tow a Cat home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts