Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size headlight bulbs do these things take?? H1 H2 H3 Hwhat? I wanna put one of those ebay HID kits in the stock headlights for now so I dont have to spend the $1400 on a VisionX LED Bar yet to goto glamis :cool: Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
What size headlight bulbs do these things take?? H1 H2 H3 Hwhat? I wanna put one of those ebay HID kits in the stock headlights for now so I dont have to spend the $1400 on a VisionX LED Bar yet to goto glamis :cool: Thanks guys
I have the Quadboss HID kit which has the same ballast and bulbs as the VisionX, but uses a different, battery direct wiring harness. It has HID-886 8K bulbs. 6 times brighter than stock...bigggg difference.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I put the 880 kits from VVME on ebay. Can't go wrong with a kit from them. Awesome warranty, usually free shipping and are wicked bright. Only get the kits though with the slim digital ballasts. Just my .02.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I bought hid replacement bulbs for my stock headlights, they were not much money and I think I got them from UTVCrap. If not utvcrap it would of been from RigidIndustries

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got mine off ebay for about $50 shipped. I got 6k bulbs which is almost all white with a very slight blue tint. The higher the number the more blue. 5k is supposed to be white only.

·
Registered
277 Posts
880 or 881 are the required bulb type. Stock, these are only rated @ 27.5 watts, so they are typically used in automobile fog light applications.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ordered (4) #880 with the slim digital ballasts from VVME. I think you could get by with just 2 for the high beams and leave the low beams as is. They are bright. Ordered on Monday and received them on Friday at noon. Drove 200 mile and installed them before it was dark. Installation was easy.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
880 or 881 are the required bulb type. Stock, these are only rated @ 27.5 watts, so they are typically used in automobile fog light applications.
I see 881 on the factory bulb so that is the type?

I ordered (4) #880 with the slim digital ballasts from VVME. I think you could get by with just 2 for the high beams and leave the low beams as is. They are bright. Ordered on Monday and received them on Friday at noon. Drove 200 mile and installed them before it was dark. Installation was easy.

How much?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
56 Posts
Easy to install. Everything pluged together. I went with the 6000K. They look white with just a tint of blue. The 5000K will be closer to the stock lamps.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
1 - 20 of 64 Posts