Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im gonna order the summit racing heater kit,and was just wondering if I mount it in the storage space under the hood,,do I need a pump?? ive seen a lot of pics.. some with and some without what do you think,or should I just mount it on the floor???:confused: if you can post pictures, that would be helpful:)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Mine is under the hood and I've tried it with and without a pump and I need the pump. The best reason to put it inside the cab would be to recirculate the warm air, I keep thinking now that I'm retired and have more time I might try to mount mine behind the dash somehow. Did you see the post about the Alaskan Prowler project?
Which heater are you getting?

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
problably the one with 2 ports ,I just don't like the idea of running a pump,,just another thing drawing off the battery

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
It would fit better after some of the install problems I ran into do to size I wish I would have gotten that one. With the one your getting it doesn't matter which way your coolant hoses connect either, on mine one is input and the other out. If they're hooked up backward you loose up to 25% of heat, the input is on the bottom so I'm pushing coolant up through the core.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it seams like the input should be at the top so it will flow down???

·
Registered
282 Posts
If you don't find yourself with the cab full of water/mud I would mount it on the floor similar to the way Darryl (spelling) did his. That would be the easiest/cheapest way.

Only need the pump if you want to mount it above your radiator. Although I never ran mine without the pump so I cant say for sure it doesn't work. I was just looking at what AC has for their OEM setup.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you have a airplane salvage company close by, I have installed several cab heaters out of airplanes (mounted just under the dash)that has 2 blowers on them, normally I spend $25.00 for the unit. They are 28 volt but they will work just fine on 12 volts. I don't have the heater on mine but I think I have a picture, I will check to see.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
If you have a airplane salvage company close by, I have installed several cab heaters out of airplanes (mounted just under the dash)that has 2 blowers on them, normally I spend $25.00 for the unit. They are 28 volt but they will work just fine on 12 volts. I don't have the heater on mine but I think I have a picture, I will check to see.
I have a buddy of mine that works at our local airport.

·
Registered
282 Posts
If your sold on the summit heater, let me know, I have a discount code for I think 10% off good through end of the yr.

It was mentioned before on the forum, but if you can find a prius car heater, there suppose to be a very low battery draw heater.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If your sold on the summit heater, let me know, I have a discount code for I think 10% off good through end of the yr.

It was mentioned before on the forum, but if you can find a prius car heater, there suppose to be a very low battery draw heater.
That would be great!! Ill take you uo on that,,,,,thank you:D

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
When I was looking for one I wondered what was the sweet spot for btu's to get the most heat out of the system. I could never find what the Arctic Cat heater was rated.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts