Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. It's been a while since my first post about batteries and error codes. Because my 700 HDX is equipped with a plow I upgraded to two gel batteries. Now I am wanting cheap heat. Enough to keep window clear and keep my hands from freezing. Anyone have any experience with a 12volt ceramic heater? I found one that looks pretty good.
Schumacher 1224 150/235 watt. Plugs into aux or can direct wire.
Thanks in advance
Sorry I can't post link. I'm still a newbee.

·
Registered
22 Posts
catcando i have a friend that has one in his sxs and he likes it i'm sure someone on here can give you more info on them,

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
heater

i dont think it will on high thats 235 watts your headlights on high beam takes 108 watts and seth and joe told me the prowler puts out 325 watts at 5000 rpm iam not sure how many watts they put out at idle.

·
Registered
432 Posts
i dont think it will on high thats 235 watts your headlights on high beam takes 108 watts and seth and joe told me the prowler puts out 325 watts at 5000 rpm iam not sure how many watts they put out at idle.
...for sure, if you have to run 5 grand to build that kind of power you better have the long johns on!:)
Still a nice lookin' heater. Maybe just on low speed use.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I think you could get by on low,and your not always gone to have your lights on anyways.:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all of you! I read the destructions and the unit draws 20 amps. It has an inline 30 amp fuse and looks like a really nice heater. I called the dealer to advise me because they set me up with a two battery system because of my plow. Not sure that will take care of it. I'll post as I learn more.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
second battery

hey Catcando,where did they mount your second battery.and good to meet you...............................:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi there! Same here. I love this forum. So, my second battery is on the drivers side in the "storage" compartment.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
de3 ... sounds to me like under the hood on driver side but hey I've been wrong before :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts