Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Hello all.

4K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  de3 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey there just bought my first side by side. A 2011 Prowler XTX700 brand new holdover from a Bass Pro Shop. So far I like it a lot, especially the power steering. I have a question some of you might know. I'm looking to put on a soft top and a flip windshield. Are these accessories trailerable and will they hold up? I had a Sportsman lock and ride windshield one time that shredded while towing it down the highway. I would hate to have this happen again. I can't find any info on ACs website or anywhere on this. Thanks in advance, and I look forward to many years of fun with this ride, Brian

#2 · (Edited)
mine is trailered a lot of miles .. I have a 2 piece windshield and soft rear window/back piece with 2 piece hard top .. no issues here. but there are different styles of them also.

welcome to the house … where is home and ride area if different .. fill in your profile and signature lines so we don't ask a bunch of duplicate questions.

in fall it was a 16 hr. haul south .. on a mesh floored trailer so it got wind from every direction

#3 ·
Welcome to the best prowler site,nice machine you bought,i have a full windshield with a hard top no problems towing,not sure about a soft top,i used to have one but never towed with it on.keep in touch with us great members and a lot of good info...............the guys on here will have no problem on spending your money on aftermarket parts.:d:d

#4 ·
I have a 2012 xtx with a full windshield,soft top and soft back window,no problems towing with the winsheild,but I do have to remove the soft top and roll up the rear window,,,i will be getting a hard top for it soon ,but you will still need to roll up the rear window.......welcome to the site:D

#5 ·
#7 ·
Welcome to the site, best people in the world! For short trips I leave the windshield on, it is Lexan and I've towed at speeds of 70 with no problems, for long trips I remove the windshield. I have a hard top.

#8 ·
Welcom to prowler talk

#12 · (Edited)
a guy could teach himself things he wanted to know how to do, and make better than available.

to bad your not closer , I have a friend who has 3 machines and a parts machine … bet I could pry one off his hands , but the shipping or travel distance wouldn't pay for it …. suggest you watch craigs list

#13 ·
Gary, you must be feeling better! You are on the site more than ever! Great seeing you active.

#14 ·
with this lousy cold weather and doing rehab need something to do after the pain sessions LOL so I come home and bug you guys with my dribble :) ..oh ya my post count was getting low too LOL

#15 ·
As cold as it is today, the site ought to be active!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 ·
I completely agree!

#16 ·
seems like fall weather here SORRY GUYS I got nut'in to do with it LOL .. but colder coming end or week

#18 ·
Thanks for the replies and welcomes. I think I did pretty good at $8892 plus tax. This thing rides like the Caddy of atvs. It's too bad it's been below zero here so not much use yet without that windshield. I'm guessing I'll just remove the soft top when towing it.

#20 ·
thanks for the replies and welcomes. I think i did pretty good at $8892 plus tax. This thing rides like the caddy of atvs. It's too bad it's been below zero here so not much use yet without that windshield. I'm guessing i'll just remove the soft top when towing it.
Thats what were here for to help everyone out,IF YOU GET A CHANCE TAKE SOME PICTURES..........................:)

#19 ·
sounds like a plan,,,,,,sometimes we just drift off track a little,,,,but its all good:D keep us posted on your updates and mabe take a couple pics,,,,,we love pics:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.