Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Purchased my/our 2011 700XTX last winter. Been building a new house this summer so not much time to ride. On the few rides I've been on happy so far. Wish there was more support from aftermarket companies. Most of my friends are all on Polaris. So being the "Lone Ranger" gets difficult. Seems to work good for what I bought it for. Looking at lifting it and mud tires for playing. Wish they had a program when you buy you could pick tires you wanted, kinda like snow checking a new sled pre season, pick your options. Also wish it came with more ground clearance. Like the ride and feel in the cab. Really would like some half doors. This winter I see many upgrades for next summer riding.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the house, there is good stuff out there just have to do some homework and ask questions here about what your looking for.
several half door guys out there also from mid $350 to much more .. do a search on this site about that, I have them but right off my head I don't remember the vendor but found the vendor on here from another poster .. mine were the $350.00 version

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Welcome to the forum! There's alot more stuff for the Prowler than you might initially think! And that's another beauty of this forum.. If you cna't find something that you want chances are someone on here had the same issue so they made it themselves or found someone to! I thought the same thing as you at first, but now have more upgrades than I ever needed with not hardly any problems! Again Welcome!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welocome aboard! I'm with daryle on that one! I have found a TON of upgrades and add ons here on this forum. a wealth of information here on this site, whatever you need just ask and there will be someone that can help you out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
welcome to the house, there is good stuff out there just have to do some homework and ask questions here about what your looking for.
several half door guys out there also from mid $350 to much more .. do a search on this site about that, I have them but right off my head I don't remember the vendor but found the vendor on here from another poster .. mine were the $350.00 version
Not a lot available for the newer round roll bar style cage. I haven't found any yet. Just finally found a lift for the 2011-12 xtx. Called High Lifter couple months ago and they couldn't say their lift would fit. Just recently they updated their web site to include these years so that is the lift I got. Will be a long winter with plenty of time to upgrade. Have a few ideas for making my own doors, if I do, will post pics

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I like to see your ideas for doors, I have a soft cab for winter but thinking about making some half doors for summer. I need to buy a welder....and learn to weld :eek:

·
Registered
3,295 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Yep something like that would be great, I just want to be sure it's not too much trouble to change to the soft cab doors for winter snow plowing. It looks like those just bolt with existing bolts that would work without making a permanent mod.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info, haven't seen this. Will get ahold of him and see if anything available for the round roll bar style 2011-12 xtx

GTroyer, in the link you stated you had some pics. Any chance I could get them?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I'll see if I have some available , I'm 1000 miles away from my rig right now through most of the winter ..

best I could find quickly .. gives an idea about how tall they are .. yes to stock bolt remove and install. easy to remove doors on and off to clean as they are on pins once installed

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts