Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
our snowmobile club is looking for a sxs for a groomer. the AC dealer here has a 09 700 with tracks on it for aruond 13,500. I like AC , have 2 ,05 z570, 08 700 efi atv and this dealer is great,never had a problem with him . does any one use a Prowler for this and if so , how are they? Thanks..

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have not read of anyone doing this with there prowler but some guys here do have tracks and they seem to love them in the deep snow.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Looks Cool should get the job done.

·
Registered
192 Posts
it will do the job fine running in low gear, not a lot of speed but will do a fine job for work. it this case, bigger is better so if you want to do it faster then go with the XTZ 1000 Arctic Cat with the tracks, full cab and heaters and power steering . but be prepared to mortgage the house to buy one.:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks All, love to have a XTZ, wanted a HDX, got a XT lol..
were a small club in central ny, not much money in the bank but we added 6.6 miles of trails this yr. that will help next yr. with funding $300+- per mile. We groom at 5-8 mph so speed does not matter but power might. pic's and vid's will be coming:)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the house

as to the toe .. most cats I've seen have a bit much and always were toed out .. I believe the book call for 1/4" out but I had very very bad wear on my first set of fronts in 2000 they were worn out .. I reset it to 1/8" in and they are wearing nice with the new tires at over 500 miles now. my unit is an XTZ

on edit .. the rig handles MUCH better also with the new setting !!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts