Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all , great to be here. im looking for info for my prowler 650.
it was quitting last year after a rest it would fire up . i changed the fuel pump , it seemed to help , but she died the other day.
i have to check the spark but know its pumping fuel when i turn it over.
also its hard to start when its cold , i have to put my hand behind the seat over the air intake till it fires up.has anyone experienced such problems , maybe i can get some solid direction as to remedy or troubleshoot my problems , thanks any help would be greatly appreciated.
kind regards
rick

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Ha, I like your title! That's really Baaaaaad
If it starts when holding your hand over the air intake, that makes it sound like your too lean on start up. That tells us either your electric choke is not working or your starter jet is plugged. Download the owners manual, it gives a pretty good overview on how to set and adjust the carb.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Welcome to the site! Lot of great members, and a lot of help. Seems to be more and more of the 650's showing up! Great machine BTW

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
yet another great white feller .... welcome to the house !

lots of good info here , also in the previous threads so read on and enjoy .. no such thing as a dumb question so no fear asking :)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
hello all , great to be here. im looking for info for my prowler 650.
it was quitting last year after a rest it would fire up . i changed the fuel pump , it seemed to help , but she died the other day.
i have to check the spark but know its pumping fuel when i turn it over.
also its hard to start when its cold , i have to put my hand behind the seat over the air intake till it fires up.has anyone experienced such problems , maybe i can get some solid direction as to remedy or troubleshoot my problems , thanks any help would be greatly appreciated.
kind regards
rick
Welcome to the best prowler site.......your electric choke is bad,I also have a 2006 I had the original one go bad and then I bought another one at 180 dollars,and it went bad after 1 year,some members are plugging the vent line that comes off the side of the carb,and others have installed a manual pull choke to the prime lever on the side of the carb.I took off my factory carb and put a mikuni pumper carb on mine with a manual choke,it can set for weeks and still fire right up,most of the time all i have to do is shove down on the peddle half way 2 times and not even use the choke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts