Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up my 2014 Prowler 700 XTX tomorrow morning. Just thought I'd register after lurking for a little while. (Doing research) Hopefully, I'm going to learn a lot; and have even more fun.

cheers
Jonny Max

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi there and welcome. Gary will fill you in on the rules in a bit. meanwhile sit down, make yourself at home.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Hi, Jonny Max

Welcome. Its a great place to hang out and great people to hang out with.

Where are you located?

PS: Hmm. Its after 3 AM. Its cold in here and no coffee brewing. I guess I will put on a jacket and get a soda from the refrigerator... Gary needs to chime in here and explain the rules about early morning/late night chores for new folks.....

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Welcome friend! 700 XTX is a great machine, and lots of fun! same basic drivetrain since 2006! I love mine (2009 700 XTX)! We get over to Wisconsin to ride the cheese trails yearly!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the house , lots of friendly knowledge and plenty of BS goes on here !!!

now for the "obligatory info" ..... fill in your location and signature lines [from control panel button top right corner of the page shown as "user CP" .. helps us old farts to remember where you are and what you have for down the road questions answered without an question first.

AND ... tradition the newbys get to bring in a load of wood for the fire pit and start EARLY MORNING coffee .. strong but not boiled down please :) ... keep in mind some of us are early raisers so be prompt about that part please

join in and swap some lies and BS and watch out for the buy it now button these guys will steer you to :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hello there!

Lots of great info here!

If you do not want temptations, you may want to avoid a few people. LOL Fairmont has me eyeing a big bore kit and cams for my 700 HDX. :)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
ATTA Boy .. again welcome

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
join in and swap some lies and BS and watch out for the buy it now button these guys will steer you to :)
Gary's not kidding, they have spent a lot of my $$$ here.

Welcome Buddy! We'll have to team up for another Cheese Trail run. Fun times!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Welcome aboard from the resident FIB!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just curious, but what are some accessories that you guys have found are "must haves"?

That question probably needs a little setup.... like what do I plan on using my Prowler for. Well, chores around the yard, ice fishing, hunting, trail riding, plowing.

I was thinking a roof and possibly a windshield. I have a winch and plow ordered. What else do you guys think?

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Gary's not kidding, they have spent a lot of my $$$ here.

Welcome Buddy! We'll have to team up for another Cheese Trail run. Fun times!
I'm back for travel! Pat is cleared 100%! We need to get back and buy some more beer!

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Just curious, but what are some accessories that you guys have found are "must haves"?

That question probably needs a little setup.... like what do I plan on using my Prowler for. Well, chores around the yard, ice fishing, hunting, trail riding, plowing.

I was thinking a roof and possibly a windshield. I have a winch and plow ordered. What else do you guys think?
Roof and windshield for sure! Winch, and Plow you have covered! Creature comforts are a plus, I went with aftermarket seats, and sound, and heat deadening materials. Great thing about these machines is that it does not take much to make them your own! Check out everybody's albums for ideas, or the past project posts.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
just a lil piece of advise ... when you get that plow on and start using it ... LOW GEAR is what you want to plow in , if you don't you'll incur some major expenses after a short while the drive train doesn't like high gear plowing

you may of may not need 4x4 lock depending on depth and snow conditions [dry powder or wet heavy]

·
Registered
518 Posts
Roof for sure. Windshield is nice if you do any wide open higher speed driving, especially in the winter.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
A buddy bought a set of HID light bulbs for me, because I installed a heater and plow set up in his. WOW, what a difference at night on the trails! HID's-----For sure!
And RD is right on for the aftermarket suspension seats. They make long trail rides, really tolerable. Best thing I did to mine.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
And one of these! In-valuable!!!

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts