Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is our first atv/utv,rov. It's a 2016 700 HDX xt and we love it!
Looking forward to learning and sharing with you'all.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the house .. lots of your HDX's here and some real in depth knowledge of same, and general knowledge of UTV's .

our tradition is the new guy gets to brew morning coffee and bring in a load of wood for the fire pit ... well lucky you it's now your turn :) so come on in and sit a spell swap a few lies and have a cup of Joe with us.

the only dumb question is the one your afraid to ask , so feel free to any thoughts/questions you may have :)

fill in your signature lines and location as it will help us later when you might have a question. by the Pic your on the coast or at least ride the dunes [LOTS OF DUNE riding on the Oregon coast guys] .. looks like street tires also ??

again welcome

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Welcome to the best Prowler forum going! Great looking machine you have there! The 700 engines are hard to beat! Stay connected, and join the fun!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Heck with the cab, I'm looking at his tires! LOL That is what I'm looking for! I think they are Kenda tires, is that correct?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2016 700 HDX xt follow up info

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I think the noise level is up with the with the soft cab and windshield, leaving the doors off helps and is how I prefer to ride. Not to mention I can't get out of it when I pull it into it's enclosed trailer with the doors on :-(. Squeaking brakes are subsiding and seems like will go away with a little more burnishing.

We are street legal and pavement will be a large portion of road surface traveled, hence the all weather tire switch out. Oregon is contemplating legalizing ROV's for paved roads excluding highways :) This is our Tsunami evac. vehicle and around town ride, beach bomber, firewood harvester+

26-in x 9-14-in Kenda Tire.
Specific radial design for ROV/ATV off-road applications.
Unique, extended-wear tread pattern.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
if your not aware yet the floor of the beds get REAL HOT .. care needs to be taken for our fur family members or you'll blister their feet

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
That is great that you can use yours around town! Sure adds another element to the UTV life! I'm completely street legal in Michigan, but they recently banned any future applications.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hot bed+

Thanks Gary, for the heads up on that hot bed condition. I've got the hot seat issue up front to. I hope a factory solution is in the works, but not holding my breath on that. Finding a way to shield or vent some of that exhaust heat without voiding the warranty is on the top of my priority list. I've registered 130 degrees plus where the seat and seat back meet and the seat belt anchor passes thru. That was after 1/2 hour ride on a 60 degree day going 25 mph. I'm thinking of how to fab up a heat shield with a vent line going to the cab and with a bypass switch to outside vent and a heat rated biscuit fan inline, that might address the aux. heater and heat buildup with one stone.. No charge for that idea. ;)
I owe you a strong cup of coffee and a warm fire. Cheers!

Paul

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I think the noise level is up with the with the soft cab and windshield, leaving the doors off helps and is how I prefer to ride. Not to mention I can't get out of it when I pull it into it's enclosed trailer with the doors on :-(. Squeaking brakes are subsiding and seems like will go away with a little more burnishing.

We are street legal and pavement will be a large portion of road surface traveled, hence the all weather tire switch out. Oregon is contemplating legalizing ROV's for paved roads excluding highways :) This is our Tsunami evac. vehicle and around town ride, beach bomber, firewood harvester+

26-in x 9-14-in Kenda Tire.
Specific radial design for ROV/ATV off-road applications.
Unique, extended-wear tread pattern.

Cheers!
Beautiful dogs.........:)

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Very casually! I found a 27" tall LT tire that I want to look at in detail! I have all winter to make up my mind.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
RD Have you checked out the Mongrel tires yet.I'm thinking about a set........I really don't need an aggressive tire....
A guy here just put a set on his RZR 900, still waiting to hear how he likes them.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
What size tire is stock on the "Sport"?

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
For what its worth.. I love the 30" ITP Mudlites on mine... but I am getting tired of snapping CV joints. I am ordering a set of 28" swamplites to see if they will be easier on the CV joints as well as get some of the speed back that I lost. I hate giving up any ground clearance, but its better than a snapped CV joint every other ride.

I also just ordered a set of Rhino axles for the front end, I am hoping they will hold up better than the CVman or sixity cv joints.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Bigger is not always better! LOL

1 - 20 of 50 Posts