Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from Guatemala, Guatemala is a country at the south of Mexico. Now we have a new dealer in here (AC dealer) and they are importing for me the XTZ Prowler, i´m waiting for my toy for the last 15 days, and have to wait for the next 3 weeks, so i decide to learn some thing about my Prowler until i can have it, if there is some one who have good or bad coments let me know. When i get my toy i´m going to share all the good trips i can do here.
Thanks for the well come!

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Welcom to the site:)

I have an XTZ 1000, they are very fast stock. I would say better seat belts is a good idea.

There are also vendors on here that sell doors and other aftermarket products.

Keep an eye on the axles and your radiator overflow bottle while you break in the new Utv and you should be fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tanks for your comments, the first thing I´m going buy is a pair of 5 points seat belts, what kind of problems you think I can have with the axels?

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
You shouldnt have any problems, Once everything is working for a while these Cats seem to hold up real well.

Just like any new vehicle keep an eye on the temp and the drive line, mostly the axles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. the thing is that i was reading that these cats have leaks, but i do not know if that is just a casual problem. or is common. I know that the XTZ is good for work and fun, but how do you compare the XTZ and the RZR if you only want it for fun?

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Ok. the thing is that i was reading that these cats have leaks, but i do not know if that is just a casual problem. or is common. I know that the XTZ is good for work and fun, but how do you compare the XTZ and the RZR if you only want it for fun?

I like the XTZ way better than the Rzr, I have driven both vehicles. The XTZ is a better platform stock IMO Way faster than a Rzr.
A few guys have had problems. It doesn't seem to be re-occurring once they get them fixed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, is good to know the opinion of some one who have driven both cars, and now I feel lot better, again thanks for all your comments.....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome. The only problem i've had is the tire rods breaking right away. I beefed them up and gusseted a-arms and shock mounts and havn't had any problems since. Ive been lucky and havnt had any axle problems or overheating problems.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just post some pics of some places where I was with my son (the one on the H1 550), I'm going to include some pics of my car after the roll over on the same trip........

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks a lot for this advice, because it save my self and a kid of 10 years when we rolled over, and thanks to the five point seat belts ABSOLUTELY NOTHING happened to us.
Thank you very much!!!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, we'r ready to have more fun, and I'll send some pics of other places that you will love.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Great photos. Thank you for sharing them!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I realy have meany pics that I want to share, but I have some problems to upload more pics, when I solve this problem you will see them.....
I'll be glad to share with you meany nice places in here.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts