Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2010 prowler wont go into 4x4 the light on the dash switch does not light up and i hear no noise from activator ,any help appreciated is there a fuse for 4x4

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my 2010 prowler wont go into 4x4 the light on the dash switch does not light up and i hear no noise from activator ,any help appreciated is there a fuse for 4x4
update 4x4 does work just red light on switch on dash will not light up

·
Registered
220 Posts
update 4x4 does work just red light on switch on dash will not light up
Not sure they have the same dash or not but the 2010 1000 XTZ doesn't have a light on the dash for 4X4, only the parking brake. The 4X4 alert shows in the gauge cluster. Are you sure yours has a light? Just say'n ;)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Is yours a HDX or XTX? I think the only real difference in the dash is the shifter placement. I looked through the 2010 manual for both and can't find anything on the 4x4 light either. I think they all have about the same setup, here's pics of my dash and one from the HDX manual showing the 4x4 & diff lock indicators on the cluster and the red brake light next to the 4x4 switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Is yours a HDX or XTX? I think the only real difference in the dash is the shifter placement. I looked through the 2010 manual for both and can't find anything on the 4x4 light either. I think they all have about the same setup, here's pics of my dash and one from the HDX manual showing the 4x4 & diff lock indicators on the cluster and the red brake light next to the 4x4 switch.
Mine is the XTZ. I have a dash like the 1st photo. None of the other pic's look like anything I have.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
on mine the switch lights up when in 4 lock and it just says 4 on the gauge cluster then in 4 wd. I had bad problems in the winter with the original servo filling with water then freezing up. It would shift in the garage but would freeze as soon as I took it outside in the cold. I took it apart and cleaned it up, greased it and put an o ring ont he output shaft and that worked for about a year then it started it again. I just put in the updated servo and so far so good.

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Same on mine! Winter sure raise hell with these things! LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts