Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I dont know what happened to the rest of this post, but here it is,
I have a 2009 Prowler XTZ 1000, I need to plow with it, I didnt realize there was a difference between the XTX, XT in regard to the plows. The OEM parts are expensive and according to the local dealer he does not even know if it fits the 1000? appearently this is the case for alot of the parts? I am replaceing a 2004 Honda Rincon with Camoplast 4S Tracks for plowing my house (and usually a few others)
I need to resolve this. Does anyone have any ideas or info. I am hoping to find out that the undercarrige is not that different from the 700/650 and no one has updated the plow frame info yet. Let me know what you think. I usually dont mind paying a little extra for the OEM stuff but the Arctic cat plow is rediculously price almost 3 times as much, (if it fits even)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
outstanding

they even match, but thats more garage space than I can give up, we get snow here in upstate NY but not as much as you appearently!!! nice set up, I have a 98 H1, 07 H2, 09 prowler, so where should I park my wifes car??? do you see my problem lol!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a plow for my 700 and from what I see there is no difference in the front of the 1000. My plow I got through the Arctic Cat Dealer and It mounts through the front 2" reciever with a long Pin. I had to buy a winch to raise and lower the blade but it works slick and comes on and off very easily.

Hope that helps you.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I dont't believe there is any difference in the undercarriage. I got my plow from Hunterworks. It is good quality, and a pretty good price.

·
Registered
11 Posts
American mfg.Eagle snow plow makes a good one,I have one and it works great.It is also under the Tusk off road from rocky MT ATV,it is the same plow.I have a 6' blade

·
Registered
131 Posts
I dont know what happened to the rest of this post, but here it is,
I have a 2009 Prowler XTZ 1000, I need to plow with it, I didnt realize there was a difference between the XTX, XT in regard to the plows. The OEM parts are expensive and according to the local dealer he does not even know if it fits the 1000? appearently this is the case for alot of the parts? I am replaceing a 2004 Honda Rincon with Camoplast 4S Tracks for plowing my house (and usually a few others)
I need to resolve this. Does anyone have any ideas or info. I am hoping to find out that the undercarrige is not that different from the 700/650 and no one has updated the plow frame info yet. Let me know what you think. I usually dont mind paying a little extra for the OEM stuff but the Arctic cat plow is rediculously price almost 3 times as much, (if it fits even)
I really don't think there is any difference, but I honestly don't know. Call a few dealers in the snow bound areas, they'll probably know and have probably already sold a few!
I have a 2008 XTX 700 EFI and I just mounted a Cycle Country snow blade kit, it's awesome, very strong and removes in about 2 mins!! I raise and lower it with the winch. Super slick, very strong setup. Hope this helps you out.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc248/hammerbike/08 AC Prowler 700/100_2418.jpg?t=1260760443

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc248/hammerbike/08 AC Prowler 700/100_2420.jpg?t=1260760547

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I love my XTZ

But to remove snow this is the way to do it. :):):)

Just waiting for the snow to start builing up this winter. I have over a 1/2 mile to do before my 1/8 mile drive way.:eek: Welcome to Dixie Creek
great set up !! ... envy here :)

I'm like you , figured with the amount of plowing [on normal winters] I have, I decided to go with a new Meyers plow on my CJ [that now sits around 99% of the time] .. figured the high price of AC's plow.. the amount of snow .. the stress and strain on the AC .. it was a better choice even though it wasn't the cheep way to go I believe it was the better way to go.

my old dedicated snow was a FJ40 with the same exact Meyers plow set up and it did 1.5 miles of paved road, steeeeeep and off camber mountain road with tight turns ... was the best plow rig I have had yet. BUTT like a dummy I sold that when I left Twain Heart, Ca. as the folks needed it to keep the road open .. so I mounted the new one on my CJ .. not the best frame to mount to but like I said it was sitting most of the time which isn't good for mechanical things .. I have plenty of motor in it for plowing , we'll see if the drive train will hold it lol

geeeees did I do a good job on the hijack of the thread :) .. sorry bad habit of mine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts