Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help! I disconnected my fuel lines from the fuel rails and the clips on the white plastic connectors between the rubber fuel line and the metal stem on the fuel rail broke. Does anyone know where I can buy just the Plastic clips, or the entire plastic piece between the rubber hose and the metal stem. Arctic Cat sells the whole assemble (Part # 0570-293) for $85 but I just nees the 2 palstic pieces on the end. It looks like the plastic pieces I need have a part # on it from their manufacturer that is PPA-GF18. The numbers are really small so I am not posative if this is right but it is close if not. It also has what looks like a company logo embossed on the side which is the outline of a lower case "b". Does anyone know what company this might be that manufactures this plastic piece? I have a 2010 Prowler 1000.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Welcome aboard airrbob!

You are in luck. I had to deal with this a while back and was able to figure it out. The fittings that slide onto the fuel rail are made by Dorman products. The part that Arctic Cat uses is the same part that Ford used for their inline fuel filters on certain model cars and trucks. The used the Dorman fitting and the Ford clip. You can get them at Napa Auto and the part number is 730-6675. They are the 5/16 Ford Fuel Line connector clips and they come in a pack of 5 for about $7.00. If you need the fittings that slide onto the rail you can get them from Napa, Car Quest, Pep Boys, Checker, or Autozone. They have straight, 45 and 90 degree fittings and they are made by Dorman products.

Do they look like these?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome aboard airrbob!

You are in luck. I had to deal with this a while back and was able to figure it out. The fittings that slide onto the fuel rail are made by Dorman products. The part that Arctic Cat uses is the same part that Ford used for their inline fuel filters on certain model cars and trucks. The used the Dorman fitting and the Ford clip. You can get them at Napa Auto and the part number is 730-6675. They are the 5/16 Ford Fuel Line connector clips and they come in a pack of 5 for about $7.00. If you need the fittings that slide onto the rail you can get them from Napa, Car Quest, Pep Boys, Checker, or Autozone. They have straight, 45 and 90 degree fittings and they are made by Dorman products.

Do they look like these?
Thank you so much Flying 121. You are a life saver. Much appreciated. Have a Great New Year!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Thank you so much Flying 121. You are a life saver. Much appreciated. Have a Great New Year!!!!!!!!!
He is one of the GOOD GUYS!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Welcome aboard airrbob!

Do they look like these?
This kind of stuff is what makes this site great!!!!

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

Glad I could help. Many members have helped me out and if we all contribute a little life is much easier. Happy New Year to you as well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have also been looking for these clips. What a life saver. Does anyone know how to remove these clips without breaking them in half?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I have also been looking for these clips. What a life saver. Does anyone know how to remove these clips without breaking them in half?
It can be done. I use two small pick tools and I work one side out at a time. I find it much easier to just break them and replace them now that I have an abundance of them! lol:D

·
Registered
618 Posts
It can be done. I use two small pick tools and I work one side out at a time. I find it much easier to just break them and replace them now that I have an abundance of them! lol:D
Still new to so I got to ask. Why are you removing the fuel lines on a regular basis?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome aboard airrbob!

Do they look like these?

I had been trying to find out what part this damn thing was and doing searches all over the internet with no luck. Then I stumbled accross this post and Bingo, Solution. Thank you so much. It was Sunday and my local NAPA dealer was closed so I went to Oriely's. Found the right part but it was a mixed package with 3 5/16 and 3 3/8 for $4.00. Got my bike back together and all is good. Thanks again.:):):)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I had been trying to find out what part this damn thing was and doing searches all over the internet with no luck. Then I stumbled accross this post and Bingo, Solution. Thank you so much. It was Sunday and my local NAPA dealer was closed so I went to Oriely's. Found the right part but it was a mixed package with 3 5/16 and 3 3/8 for $4.00. Got my bike back together and all is good. Thanks again.:):):)
Welcome to the site,glad the site could be helpful for you.:)

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Welcome, more information here than you could ever need! Great members and very active.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Not sure why you guys are breaking these.

All you need to do is spray a little penetrating lube of your choice in and around the gas fitting, push the connector towards the pump fitting and then squeeze the center of the clip, Now wiggle the connector back and off the pump.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
All good info! Seems like another thing for the road kit!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts