Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a while back some one mentioned a product that I thought HUMMM .. I need some of that but now CRS has done it's thing yet again ..

IIRC it was a epoxy paste or something like that .. any clues as to what it might be ??

I need to repair the lip of my dually fender where my mud flap attached , I did the lil oops and back to close to something and removed a small 1" piece of the lip and wanted to re-glue it with some type of backing strap epoxy and pop riveted back to a holding strength lip .. it wouldn't be seen unless you were doing a real close inspection as it semi hid under the fender interlinear.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I had some PC-7 paste I just tried on my bed repair, they make different types. We'll see how it holds up if it doesn't no big deal it was something I had on hand so I thought I would give it a shot. It does say it doesn't work with some plastics.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I use Mar-glass for that type of repair. It is plastic body filler with fiber glass strands. It is very strong.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
If the stuff I used doesn't hold I'll give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
mar glass is a brand name just like kitty hair,,,very popular with corvette repair,,,,it sands nice and holds great:D

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
mar glass is a brand name just like kitty hair,,,very popular with corvette repair,,,,it sands nice and holds great:D
I'll be looking into one or both of these when I get back from my long trip .. I'm in Coeur 'd Alene right now [northern pan handle of Idaho] cleaning out packing up my shop [it's on the market .. no bites yet ] .. when I'm done here then we hook up the fifth wheel and start the trip , hoping in a couple weeks or so.

THANKS for suggestions guys !!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I use it for repairing panels, welding parts together, chemical bonding, and so on. Easy to shape, and is very strong. Also somewhat water proof.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the dually fenders are fiberglass. Mar-Glas is what I would use (it has fiberglass strands in it), or a similar product. It is fairly easy to work, and offers great strength.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks again fella's , the piece is down in Sparks aka Reno and I'm 14 hrs drive north of it so after my trip back east I'll be on this repair , until then I will be running okiefied with one mud flap off LOL

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Shelf life on Mar-Glas it similar to Twinkies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts