Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Longshot, longshot, longshot here....

Anybody coming to Moab this week that might have some inner and outer CV joints for an XTZ... inner and outer front and outer rear.....

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I wish I could help you out Darryl. I am dead in the water myself because during my first 3 minutes of testing since the new tranny and motor my left rear CV cage broke. I run 300m axles with factory cv cages and have broken 4 of them now. We need to see if the Gear 1 Rhino cv cages will fit our axles. Good luck Darryl.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just need the 4 outer CV joints now. Got the inner ones off. But the outers are SOBs....No seems to sell them for the XTZs. I can't find anything that references just the cv's to see it they are the same as other models..
May not be taking this machine to Moab now if I can't find cv's...may have to take a Kymco, at least they run...:eek:

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I don't know of anyone selling AC inners thought you had to buy a hole axle to get a inner. I know some people cut the axle to get enough angle to get them apart. What about hcr or hrc do they have a trick for getting them apart. Or that company that desertcat was liking for axles? Turner? do they have some used ones off a thundercat or similar quad that would work?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know of anyone selling AC inners thought you had to buy a hole axle to get a inner. I know some people cut the axle to get enough angle to get them apart. What about hcr or hrc do they have a trick for getting them apart. Or that company that desertcat was liking for axles? Turner? do they have some used ones off a thundercat or similar quad that would work?
Sorry, miswrote it, I need the outers. got the inners off okay...but the outers are press on, they don't want to come off...

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Try the CVMAN American CV

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try the CVMAN American CV
According to Scott at DVMan, nada for the 1000....

anyone want to buy a custom 1000 Prowler real cheap... I'm getting closer and closer to selling this...

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
The only trick I know is to cut the axle away with cut off wheels and grinding so you can turn it far enough to get it apart. Everyone that I know that has tried to press them apart has broke them off the stock axles.
Yeah this is how Eric from UTV Inc has been changing mine out. I have purchased 3 brand new Arctic Cat axles at $149 each just to get the lousy cv cage off of them and i am sick of it.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It says 1000 on their complete axles. Do they have just a cv they can sell you?
They don't list anything for the 1000 on just the cv joints. They are closed now, so I'll call them in the morning...hell, even if they have complete +5 setups, I would take that for now....only going to Moab for Rally On The Rocks, not racing it yet, so any +5 axles would work...

FRUSTRATION....:mad::(:confused:

Thanks to everyone for trying to help me with this.... you are a great bunch...that's why I hang around here...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 25 Posts