Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a 2007 prowler. i used it mainly in and out of camp and the trail is rough. my suspension is set very stiff and i'm looking to adjust it down some. i see the adjustment rings and i'm trying to find out if i need to take the tension off the springs before i try to turn the adjustment disk. is there a special tool to turn it or do i use pipe wrench or something similar? any help would be much appreciated guys!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Channel lock pliers will work just fine up or down. That's what I use and have never had a problem. As far as taking the tension off of the springs, if your channel locks are big enough, you won't have to. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do have a very big pair of channel locks, i'll give them a try...thanks so much, i was afraid to try turning without knowing and end up breaking something....

·
Registered
811 Posts
I usually will jack up the vehicle until the tires are off the ground and back off the adjusters until the retainer for the springs are barely preloaded and go from there.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Just don't back them too far off because if the retainers are too loose they will fall out when the suspension is run to the end of the shock travel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts