Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first off I would like to say hi to everyone... SO HI.

I am about to buy (hopefully) a 2007 650 xt h1 with 2677 miles and 117 hours on it but I don't know what to look for. So with that said please let me know what I should be looking for (problems). I have quads and these definitely are not the same. So like I said any help would be great. Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Welcome to the site.
First thing to check is the tie rods.They are a weak link.Second would be the parking brake or e brake to see if it holds.Check the frame for cracks around the rear suspension.Especially the upper shock mounts.Then the front shock mounts at the top and the cross piece that the shocks bolt to has a tendency to crack if it has been abused.
In 07 they changed the clutch to a better design.I think some 07's had the old design and some had the new.Hopefully you are looking at the newer design.Not the end of the world if it is the older one.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow thanks for the info... So If I look at a 2006 i need to look at the same things and it could have a bad clutch?

Welcome to the site.
First thing to check is the tie rods.They are a weak link.Second would be the parking brake or e brake to see if it holds.Check the frame for cracks around the rear suspension.Especially the upper shock mounts.Then the front shock mounts at the top and the cross piece that the shocks bolt to has a tendency to crack if it has been abused.
In 07 they changed the clutch to a better design.I think some 07's had the old design and some had the new.Hopefully you are looking at the newer design.Not the end of the world if it is the older one.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I went and looked at the prowler and it looked like it had been rofde pretty hard. I did notice that the rear shocks had a bar that went down and the welds looked to be broken on them. But I dont know if iI am looking at the right thing.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked at that one. I am looking for something with 4 seats and clean clean clean

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Good choice to move on and not get in a hurry.Plenty of good deals out there right now.Where are you from?
There are so many good deals out there right now,, Warlock will take care of ya for sure, I would take my time and find a clean one. look at the skid plates, the spindles, the steering racks are so strong..

The suspension is a good place to look to see if it has been abused, some wear and tear is accepatable these things are really tough i have found out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have a 07 h1... not really a problem but its annoying is when you put the gear shift it in HIGH... sometime the linkage doesnt keep up with you shifting ... so u need to hit the throttle a little bit to get it in gear

1 - 18 of 18 Posts