Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a xtx 700 and i want to change the rear shock spring so it will ride a lot better i was watching the machine work during a ride and the rear set up is my problem.My buddy and i changed the shocks around from the front to the back and it rides 5 times as good,we noticed the spring on the rear shock is crap I dont have the extra cash right now to put kings,fox or a good aftermarket shock on it so i was going to just help it what i could.Anyone know what the spring rate is on a XTX i am sure the xt 650 is the same and the length of the rear spring,I know i can take it off and measure it but i was trying to find out so when i do take it off i will have my new springs to put them on so i will only haft to do it one time.The xtz i have read a lot on the shock spring pounds and 14 inch length but i not for sure what i need for my xtx 700.
thanks guys any info would be appricated:cool:

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
take off one and measure the ID ... both Summit Racing and Jeggs have springs and different spring rates [weight ratings] .. as well as I believe Prestige [one of our members / vendors] that can fix your spring rate issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts