Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need my prowler 1000 now, have 18" of snow in driveway and need to plow. Went to start it this morning and and after it started I heard starter still turning, turned key off and starter still turning but not starting engine. Had to remove cable from starter to get it to stop. Is this ignition problem or starter and something simple or dealer issue? Thanks, forcasting another 2' of snow tonight and tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Most likely a bad starter soleinoid or a short in your ingnition wire somewhere.

·
Registered
2010 Prowler 1000 XTZ
15 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2010 Prowler XTZ. My starter went bad so I ordered an aftermarket starter. Put that on and the next day it did the same thing as yours. It burned out my starter. I ordered a OEM starter (3 times the cost) and installed it. I never knew why it did that but it never did it again once I installed the OEM starter. I wanted some protection so I got a heavy duty switch with a key (at my local auto zone) and wired it between the solenoid and the starter. After I start it up I turn the key off to protect the starter. Remove the key and it also acts as a theft deterrent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts