Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys im calling out to all my prowler brothern. one of you guys down in america have to know someone with a good cnc machine,maybe those guys building the SLD delete? ok heres the deal. who is willing or has the capabilities to make solid alum or billet alum bottom eng cases for 1000 xtz/quad engines. this would require hollowing out the inside for oil pan while leaving twice as much material in the areas supporting the brgs. you could make it deeper then stock to regain lost oil cap or add to it. and not machine all the material off the outside in the area of the transfer gears/brgs where the current cases are splitting open. this would make this a fairly bullet proof eng.

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
give Dean a shout at D&P PERFORMANCE . 435-586-5172. he may be interested in something or know somebody that can help you out ,

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there isnt enuf material in the pan/bottom case to hold all the guts in. does anyone know if the gen 3 is any better then gen 2? gen one case is alot stronger then gen 2.gen 1 had its own issues but at least there was more meat in it and more bolts. mines been down for 3 weeks now waiting for someone to make a decision on the repair. starting to piss me off since winters coming quik.my prob is i take it 50 miles from the trailer by myself,and it blew apart w/o warning. luckily i wasnt alone this time but now i dont know that i can trust it anymore.i mean i know full well that its a quad eng in a mini truck and with that in the back of my mind i dont beat the hell out of it,but i did buy a 1000 for a reason. i was concidering a wildcat but its the same eng no matter what they try and say so im gunna havta pass. maybe a new XP is in order,rallied the hell out of one in moab and was quite impressed.plus the eng and trans was purpose built for the abuse this veh will see.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The XP seems gto have a really strong motor from what I have seen.
AC can't afford to let the Wildcat flop. I would only imagin they fixed the motor issues.
well AC has known about these trans issues on all their engs for awhile now and dont seem to be in any hurry to admit it or fix it permanently. i have a fairly long history with AC and its just how they roll,they never back update anything like the other manufacturers do,and i know they do because ive been involved in it. ive been happy with my xtz and this is the first problem ive had with it in 1800 miles.but i can tell you that if your truck was at my shop for an eng/trans it wouldnt be there for 3 weeks waiting for someone to approve the repair w/o the cust coming completely unglued!!!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
getting my 2010xtz back from dealer this week. it blew a hole in the tranny case with 680 miles on it.My dealership had no problem with AC warranty, they actually replaced the motor with a brand new one,it was at the dealer for 2.5 weeks.very happy

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my dealers great,its just the whole process.im a shop foreman at a dealership so i know how it goes.just frustrating.took them a week to pull apart,then a week for adjuster to be called,he showed up right away and did his thing. then another week+ to get approval from cat care or whoever. talked to dealer today and they have approval and have a complete eng on order,bout another week/10 days and it should be back to me. he said the eng should be the newest available part whatever that means. still bother by the fact that in the back of my mind its gunna do it again,and which out in the middle of no dam place will i be at when it does:confused::(.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this all leads me back to a question i asked earlier. does anyone know the diff between the gen 2 eng and whatevers being used to fix these things?? daryll??

·
Registered
491 Posts
Team . i feel your pain buddy . from al of the research me and a few of us have done is that there are 3 versions of the 1000 motor . if you search my old threads, you will find some info . the gen 1 (09 early 10) had the poor oil pressure and the crap washers that failed inthe transmission , the gen 2 had a redesigned trans assembly but still used the thrust washers , the gen 3 came out late 2010 and had a completely new cases , a all new transmission without the washers , improved oil pressure and flow ( 70psi) ! you can tell by the date code on the back of the motor stamped above the rear output shaft. mine is stamped 10-19-2010 and i have the newest version . i know of all of these changes because after a hack dealer install i had to send the motor to D&P for a complete teardown and inspection .this is where we found out about the trans change .

i cant tell you that the 3 is any stronger but i have been very happy with the new motor . it is smoother and quieter . and i have not had any problems with it .

·
Registered
24 Posts
i have bad news my dealer called and said they the adjuster has to come look at my old motor before i can pick up. Now the claim is denied the adjuster says the case didnt break dew to factory defect,he says nothing was broke in it ,broke because of customer neglect.He couldnt tell me why he thought it was customer neglect or how i could prevent this from happening,so know i have to go through the process of challengeing the denial and give them reasons why they i think they should cover the broken case

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Team . i feel your pain buddy . from al of the research me and a few of us have done is that there are 3 versions of the 1000 motor . if you search my old threads, you will find some info . the gen 1 (09 early 10) had the poor oil pressure and the crap washers that failed inthe transmission , the gen 2 had a redesigned trans assembly but still used the thrust washers , the gen 3 came out late 2010 and had a completely new cases , a all new transmission without the washers , improved oil pressure and flow ( 70psi) ! you can tell by the date code on the back of the motor stamped above the rear output shaft. mine is stamped 10-19-2010 and i have the newest version . i know of all of these changes because after a hack dealer install i had to send the motor to D&P for a complete teardown and inspection .this is where we found out about the trans change .

i cant tell you that the 3 is any stronger but i have been very happy with the new motor . it is smoother and quieter . and i have not had any problems with it .
from all the parts looking up ive done lately,it appears that since the new cases came out(gen 2) the cases have not changed again,only the trans gear parts,so that means gen 3 is just updated trans in gen 2 cases:mad:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Mine broke the case @ 3am 16miles out in B.F.E.

Took us 8hrs to get back in 16miles. and the 660 & 700 Rhino's are still out there hunting moose and here I am back at home.
Pissed off...............
Guess finish putting the engine in the green machine and wait for the 2011xtz to get repaired.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I am sorry to see you guys dealing with this mess. I am not so excited since I have the 2011 Gen 3 engine as well. I have not even put 12 miles on it since I am trying to sort out the axles and the fuel management. We need someone to step up and machine a stronger part for us.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Yep I blew out the case on the new 2011xtz.
ARRRGGG!

Gonna be some unhappy wildcat owners.
Hopefully with a bigger demand there will be some aftermarket stepping up for us.
Or maybe even AC

1 - 20 of 41 Posts