Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont have alot of money and i was wondering if there is some cheaper things i could upgrade on it i already ordered a 2.5inch lift kit it didnt come yet but i ordered it i was wondering if there is anything else i have a 2010 xtx

·
Registered
130 Posts
clock secondary spring, put a hole and weld a 3/8" pipe on your spark arrestor, lighten rollers up.
Hey John, what sort of benefit do you get with that spark arrestor mod? power/sound??

Wouldn't mind a little extra detail if you could.

BTW. got your old crank in and the machine seems to be running great...apart from the need to swap out the cylinder head gasket :mad:...shouldn't have scrounged on that I guess

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I was talking with diecast play cars and he said their testing showed that a extra 3/8" exhaust tip was as good as any slip on they tried for power increase.
He also said any bigger than the 3/8" is just noise and did not make anymore power on the dyno.

It does add some sound as well though. What I did was use a piece of sch40 pipe so I could put a threaded cap on it for stealth mode.
But I never needed to quiet it down but I did have the option.

On my 650big bore I also did dual intake tube's.

More air in and out = more power

Glad to hear you are back up and running. Lame on the tear back down for the gasket.

I still need to pull the motor from the green-machine, but have been working on white-lightning and a cage extension for moms 550.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well i dont mind spending some money its just i cant be spending 1000s of onstuff right now i was thinking a new exhaust but would i need to do anything with the computer or anything if i got a performance exhaust and would a duel exhaust interfere with the dump box

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
If you got some spare change I would get clutch work and shocks.
I would also look into a header pipe as the stock pipe is pretty restrictive those bends are gross.

·
Registered
733 Posts
clock secondary spring, put a hole and weld a 3/8" pipe on your spark arrestor, lighten rollers up.
I'm not sure if I understand the spark arrestor mod.. do you weld the pipe on the hole where the old curved pipe comes out?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
On your muffler next to your exhaust tip.
Do you have a plate with 3 bolts?
If you do behind that plate is your spark arrestor. Pull the plate off drill a hole in it and weld a pice of 3/8" pipe about 2 to 3" long to the plate then re-install.
This is supposed to be the ideal back pressure for the 650 to 700cc motors, per- Rudy at die-cast play cars.
They are a supporting vendor and there is a link at the top of the page.
He was always helpful in answering my ?'s.

Hope this helps clarify.

I will try to get a pic of how I did mine, I welded a coupler to my plate and have it bushed down to 3/8" so I could try different combinations of pipe lenghts and size's.

·
Registered
733 Posts
On your muffler next to your exhaust tip.
Do you have a plate with 3 bolts?
If you do behind that plate is your spark arrestor. Pull the plate off drill a hole in it and weld a pice of 3/8" pipe about 2 to 3" long to the plate then re-install.
This is supposed to be the ideal back pressure for the 650 to 700cc motors, per- Rudy at die-cast play cars.
They are a supporting vendor and there is a link at the top of the page.
He was always helpful in answering my ?'s.

Hope this helps clarify.

I will try to get a pic of how I did mine, I welded a coupler to my plate and have it bushed down to 3/8" so I could try different combinations of pipe lenghts and size's.
Ok.. makes sense.. I only have 2 bolts on my plate but I have had the spark arrestor off and always wondered if there was something I could do with it.. Thanks again.. pic would be awesome too man, mine's all tore apart now anyhow.. replacing seals and hopefully doing some exhaust mods.. lol

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I also have a large 1 3/4" exhaust tip.
I used the stock cover as a template and made another plate so I can go back to stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts