Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my rig ready for Hatfield/McCoy trails in September, Changed oil, and filter, cleaned oil sump screen (recommended every 500 miles by factory), this is the third I've checked cleaned it. Going to back that chore off to once a year, or every 2,000 miles. Cut the filter, no fragments, no metal, I strained it and use a magnet to check. Chopping the stock cage, 2" in back, and 1 1/2" in front. Refitting stock two piece roof and windshield. Adding additional gauges Voltmeter, and Oil Temperature. Pulled the clutch, wet clutch is next along with the driven gear inspection. Oil cooler is out and am in the process of cleaning it internally. Not finding much of anything in the cooler. Once I layout the cage, and start cutting I'll attach some pictures. Hope to have it completed in two weeks.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sounds like youve been (and still are) a busy man!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Sounds like your preparing to give it a rough ride.

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never run out of things to do, just hard to quit once you start. We have been averaging about 500 miles a month riding trails, and started going other places. Retirement is great!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Never run out of things to do, just hard to quit once you start. We have been averaging about 500 miles a month riding trails, and started going other places. Retirement is great!
I am trying to think of something else to do on the prowler,I think I will buy some muffler packing monday and repack pipes.RD I think the only thing I will need to do is change my oil.

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Its been a great week! Installed the gages, cut the roll bar, cleaned the oil cooler (waste of time!), starting to fit the roof, so I can run it without the factory windshield and brackets, but be able to install windshield with minimum amount of fuss. Additional gages are auto-meter Sport Comp.
I fabricated some covers for the rear end bladders as I mounted them at shoulder height so I could see them, Wanted to prevent any chance of hot grease hitting the wife, and I (She would hold that over my head until the end of time!). Picked up the autowire plugs that fit Auto-Meter gages, I can pull the dash plate by unplugging instead of disconnecting. Nice plugs, and they are cheap!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
looks great!!!!!!:D

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gotta get it back together so I can submit to the ROTQ!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I am trying to think of something else to do on the prowler,I think I will buy some muffler packing monday and repack pipes.RD I think the only thing I will need to do is change my oil.
Instead of trying to think of something else to do to it maybe you should just take it for a ride and give the rest of us a year to catch up to your mods:D

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I put a Tee in the oil cooler line that goes' to the cooler, It is mounted up front near the cooler. Auto-meter uses the same temp sender for their Water, Oil, and Trans Temp gages. I just piggybacked the wiring.

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Has anyone else had their floorpan buckle when stepping on it? I originally broke the pan on the upper bolt hole when I stepped on it. I made a bracket out of 3/16" aluminum and bent it into a "L", It stiffened the pan and it no longer flex's. I used the seat base lock as a fastener point, and used two floor bolts to attach to the floor pan. Simple fix, and should help preventing broken bolt holes. Still going over the machine, everything looks good!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Has anyone else had their floorpan buckle when stepping on it? I originally broke the pan on the upper bolt hole when I stepped on it. I made a bracket out of 3/16" aluminum and bent it into a "L", It stiffened the pan and it no longer flex's. I used the seat base lock as a fastener point, and used two floor bolts to attach to the floor pan. Simple fix, and should help preventing broken bolt holes. Still going over the machine, everything looks good!
Good fix RD,man your gauges look awesome.:cool::)

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks! It is going back together, plan on fitting the top today, should have it out for the holiday week end!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Looking good. I like the new dash plate.

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Still had gages left over from the race car! Just scored some more aluminum plate and decided to add the two together!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
love the plate ... want to build a second one for a nice guy :) hummm

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gary, Can do, you only pay postage. 2 gage, or 4 gage, or blank? PM me

1 - 20 of 36 Posts