Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just after starting my project we had a set back, my son races Moto cross came up short in a race in riverside ca and tore him self up, severed artery, severed nerve, and well his humerus bone was shattered, long story short he's on the road to recovery & I'm back at my project..

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    88.2 KB Views: 303

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Welcome back. Glad your boy is going to have a good recovery.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Welcome back. Glad your boy is going to have a good recovery. Damn that looks bad.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Reminds me of what some farm equipment accidents look like. Tuff kid. I love dirt bikes and have many injuries from them but nothing like that boy went through. He will be able to brag about that scar later on in life. Speedy recovery wishes for him.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah tuff kid for sure, now he's dealing with coming down from the damn drugs (morphine)
He's got a long road of recovery ahead of him..

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Yeah tuff kid for sure, now he's dealing with coming down from the damn drugs (morphine)
He's got a long road of recovery ahead of him..
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes,like you said kids are tough,we wish your boy and family the best.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Glad your back, and best wishes to you and your family.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
hope the best for him also , and that the nerve endings all come back so full use of limb.

remember to make sure he follows Dr. Orders and not to push it, re-injury of something like that isn't what he wants to go through.

my Son destroyed his elbow, has permanent damage and internal hardware that has to get re-built on occasion a mechanical hinge of sorts [snow board accident] .. he was a tuff nut to keep in-line with Dr. orders ... thinking it's the age of invulnerability not that any of us ever had that issue :) .. not sure we ever grow out of it either.

glad your back and at it. post your projects pic as U can

·
Registered
404 Posts
Good luck on the recovery, hope he comes back a hundred percent.

I have a local boy here in Ohio. That is 6/7 now i believe, andhe was bat **** crazy on a dirt bike and he was winning every race he was put in on his jr 50 Ktm. He got caught up in a holes hot turn this past summer and was run over by 4 others ( no injuries that I know of). Then one morning he woke up asked him he could talk to his dad, and told him dad I don't wanna race anymore. They boy rode for 3 years never had a crash. The first and only crash was his last.

What ever your boy decides to do is going to be the toughest decision he's made in the good majority of his life, do to the passion that he has for the sport. I wish you, him and the rest of your family the best of luck in the near future. And glad to have you back on the forum.

·
Registered
282 Posts
wow sorry to hear about your son. Lucky to have his arm, hoping he makes a full recovery and back on his bike in short time.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
our thoughts go out to you and your son hope everything goes well

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Wish the best for you and your family, hope he has a full recovery.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys, it's been along couple months, but hey on a positive note I'm back on the arctic cat project...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
My brother-n'-law is a professional desert and motocross racer. I'm often jealous of his life, but his body does take a beating. He has had more concussions, broken bones, surgeries, etc., etc. then I would care to go through......:D

Wish your son a full recovery.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts