Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got myself a 2015 700xt just broke my front right outer cv joint. been looking online and cant find anyone that sells axles/cv repair kits for my model. from what I can tell 2502-357 is my axle oem number. what have you guys been doing in this situation, not really wanting to buy a dealer axle, would prefer to upgrade/rebuild the cv myself.

·
Administrator
7,349 Posts
Welcome to the site! Try power masters power sports out of Waukegan IL. , one of our members bought the outer CV joints from them. I ran the part numbers for the different years, and 2015/2016 have a different number. I use the Arctic Cat Store for parts look up, but other sites have the same info. Other than the CV joint, how do you like your machine? I have an older 700, and I love the thing! Glad to have you on board!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
love the machine, use it a lot for hunting but is also a lot of fun on the trail, first trouble I have had with it, have the dealer extended warranty and 6 month arctic cat warranty isn't up for another 6 days! think they will go good on an axle? calling in 30 when they open will find out

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the house also

fill in location and signature lines .. helps down the road when you ask a question we won't have to ask a question before we answer your question ...

BTW ... new guys brews morning strong coffee and brings in a load of fire wood for the pit ... your turn

·
Administrator
7,349 Posts
If you are under warranty, I would think they would cover it. Let us know! Curious bunch we are we are!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dropping it off at the dealer in the morning, see what they say about warranty on the broken axle, had no luck sourcing aftermarket axles, seems like nobody makes them for the new style prowlers yet, hopefully that will change in another few months to a year, anyone have any experience rebuilding these cv axles? I have no problem rebuilding it, just need someone who makes the cv joint that's compatible

·
Administrator
7,349 Posts
I would think they would use the same outer CV joint, but that would make things easy! LOL

·
Administrator
7,349 Posts
Back at calling Arctic Cat to see if they will offer the new style (White CV Joint) CV Joint as a service pack. I stressed that it would help older Prowler owners to be able to upgrade without buying complete axles.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
dropping it off at the dealer in the morning, see what they say about warranty on the broken axle, had no luck sourcing aftermarket axles, seems like nobody makes them for the new style prowlers yet, hopefully that will change in another few months to a year, anyone have any experience rebuilding these cv axles? I have no problem rebuilding it, just need someone who makes the cv joint that's compatible
Looks like Joshua disappeared in May...lol. I wonder if the dealer took care of his problem under warranty?

·
Administrator
7,349 Posts
I would hope so, but never know how it was handled, or what caused the failure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts