Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there! My name is Mike from TN and here is our Prowler. Unfortunately as it sits on the trailer after yesterdays fiasco both rear axles broke at the outdrives. I'm sure I will find some help on here though as to replacing them!

-Mike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Welcome aboard the best prowler site mike,great members and great info... Hang in there we have a member on here that bought some axles,you will find replacing the whole axle will be the way to go,he should chime in sometime soon...................how did you break both..................:)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Mike i just found them on amazon for 118 a side complete axles brand new.:) THATS FREE SHIPPING AND THERE HEAVY DUTY CHROMOLY

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
That sounds like the axles I bought off E-Bay, 109.95 free shipping "Extreme Duty Chromoly. I looked at CV Joint replacement kits and they were 99.00! Why bother when you can get the complete set-up for 10.00 more! Welcome to the site Mike, always here to help!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome .. newbies get to make the next pot of coffee and stoke the fire :)

come on in and sit a spell, be ready to BS with the rest of us …. we're here to help or advise whenever we can and BS when we don't have a clue LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome aboard the best prowler site mike,great members and great info... Hang in there we have a member on here that bought some axles,you will find replacing the whole axle will be the way to go,he should chime in sometime soon...................how did you break both..................:)
I was following my buddy's rhino and we came to two small rock ledges. Front went up easy and I tried powering through it like he did and somehow they broke at the out drives. I think both wheels were spinning in the air and when they hit the ground they snapped.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
building stronger areas always find the weaker areas .. and cost more to boot USUALLY

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the last thing I want to do is blow a diff. I will put stock ones back in it. I may try to find a spare set though so my weekend wont be ruined by broken axles.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
welcome to the family,,,,,we will always be here to help you spend money :D:D

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I have not had any problems with the stock axles, only issue is the cost.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Oh and by the way welcome to the site Mike from another Mike!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Good to hear, I hate going a few days without taking mine out.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
A day without a Prowler just isn't right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts