Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Prowler 700 which I drive like an expensive golf cart. The problem I have is when I put it in gear it does not engage until I increase the rpm. Is there something I can do to make it work properly/better?

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome to the site! I put a reply on your other post, I'm sure if there's a problem someone here can help.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Welcome to the site! The Prowler has a wet clutch system, and it is essential that only wet clutch compatible oil be used. Arctic Cat has their own synthetic oil that is recommended, other brands are also available. Back to the clutch system, it is a centrifugal type, it starts to engage around 1,900 rpm, fully locked up at 2,100 rpm. These things are very sensitive to throttle input at slow speeds, and takes awhile to get used to.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I have a 2010 Prowler 700 which I drive like an expensive golf cart. The problem I have is when I put it in gear it does not engage until I increase the rpm. Is there something I can do to make it work properly/better?
welcome to the best prowler site.......did you buy it new,the reason i ask, if you never just wondering if someone has put a EPI clutch kit in it.if they changed the wet clutch springs you will have to build the rpm's up before it starts to move.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts