Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just traded a very NICE Harley-Davidson for a used Prowler. This is my first Arctic Cat and hope it was a good decision. I poured my heart and soul into that old Harley, not a lot of money (as I am very cheap) but still managed to produce a sweet ride any motorcycle rider would be proud of. Other than some scrapes in the box and a little dirt on the floor, my Prowler looks as though it was new. As I said earlier I'm very cheap and not willing to spend my hard earned cash on something I can do myself, I need a place to gain some knowledge and get good advice on taking care of this new to me machine. I'll be riding it for many years to come!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Welcome, you've come to the right place. What model/year Prowler do you have. Service manuals are available free at K&T Lawn/Garden equipment. They are great to have! Parts lists are available at the Arctic Cat site, it will show you all of the years, and models. This is the best Prowler site going, lot of activity, and friends!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the house ..

enjoy the heck out of your new ride

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome to the site! You sound like me I can be a little cheap myself, my wife does a good enough job spending our money.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
About the only thing I would be concerned with is your Turf Saver rear end, make sure you dump the lube, and refill with the AC friction modified lube, failure to use that lube will result in a failure! I have a 2009 700EFI, and it has been great. I change the fluids on a regular basis. Since I switched to synthetics I usually run 600 miles on an oil change. With synthetics you can go up to a 1,000 miles between changes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts