Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love prowlertalk, just picked up a 2008 prowler 650 h1 with a broken engine case, and now Iv got a 550 h1 engine I'm gunna try to make a 650 out of.
If anyone's atemped this before love to hear from ya.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the house .. show location so we don't have to answer a question with a question , also helpful if in your signature lines you say what ya have again for later when we don't have a thread opened that say what you have. .. just makes life easier to be helpful.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I usually go on the Arctic Cat Store to look up part numbers, and what works in more than one application!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
duno .. don't use the mobile sorry someone will pop in and tell ya

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I'll check the mobile version but I don't think you can, if you notice on this post my signature is missing because I'm using the mobile site.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Back on the full site, my signature should be back, I checked the Profile tab on the mobile site and don't see a way to add or update anything. You should be able to use your mobile browser's settings to "Request Desktop Site" and then you will have access to the profile section.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I'm like Gary! What the hell is a mobile site! LMAO

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
It looks a lot different.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Love prowlertalk, just picked up a 2008 prowler 650 h1 with a broken engine case, and now Iv got a 550 h1 engine I'm gunna try to make a 650 out of.
If anyone's atemped this before love to hear from ya.
Yea just check part numbers,if the 650 cylinder will fit in the 550 case,and the rod is the same length I would say yes.....

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I think the 550, and 700 share the same case, not sure on the 650, but can't imagine there is that much difference. But that is just my feelings on it!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I think the 550, and 700 share the same case, not sure on the 650, but can't imagine there is that much difference. But that is just my feelings on it!
RD when I called SpeedWerx's they said that the 2006 650 H1 was the only case that had the smaller bore for the sleeve on the cylinder,The 2007 650 H1 case was different,the 700 cylinder would fit it.......

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
That is great to know! Makes a factory upgrade doable! If you have a 650 and the cylinder is trash, a factory 700 would be a great deal, I see many 700 cylinders on ebay that look like my 700 when I took it off, very little wear, hone it and it would be good to go! Thanks for the heads up Mike!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The only difference I can see is the way the starter bolts on, and the bore in the case for the sleeve to fit into on the 550 is believe it or not bigger then the 650, so no problem with cylinder fitment.
The only other difference I found is the 550 has the strait cut gears and not the bevel gears (wich is a plus)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
The only difference I can see is the way the started bolts on, and the bore in the case for the sleeve to fit into on the 550 is believe it or not bigger then the 650, so no problem with cylinder fitment.
The only other difference I found is the 550 has the strait cut gears and not the bevel gears (wich is a plus) ?
Straight cut gears is a plus....I believe that was an up-dated part.....

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
The only difference I can see is the way the started bolts on, and the bore in the case for the sleeve to fit into on the 550 is believe it or not bigger then the 650, so no problem with cylinder fitment.
The only other difference I found is the 550 has the strait cut gears and not the bevel gears (wich is a plus) ?
Yea the 2006 650 H1 was the only motor with the small opening in the case.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts