Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I went with Visionx replacements. I replace the low beams that way when you put on the brights both lights come on. With these and my two ACRO HIDS it is like driving in daylight at night!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen some on ebay for about $120.00 this is the item #130261999681

·
Registered
112 Posts
I run vision X in all 4, but did have a ballast go in one of them, that I had to replace.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Just installed a set of HID's in the high beam location on my 08.

Here is the only problem I had, there was no connector to put on the 2 wires going to the stock headlight wiring.

Here is the solution, got the male connectors, the wires snap right in place and give you a factory type connection.

Now everything plugs in just like it should and gives you a tight seal.

Here is where I mounted the ballasts.

Not bad for a $55.00 investment.

I'll get some night pics of the lights on in the near future.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just installed a set of HID's in the high beam location on my 08.

Here is the only problem I had, there was no connector to put on the 2 wires going to the stock headlight wiring.

Here is the solution, got the male connectors, the wires snap right in place and give you a factory type connection.

Now everything plugs in just like it should and gives you a tight seal.

Here is where I mounted the ballasts.

Not bad for a $55.00 investment.

I'll get some night pics of the lights on in the near future.

Outstanding info do you have a Web page for the company you got the plugs from?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
618 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
DDM Tuning HID kit

I installed the Apexcone Raptor 50 watt HID kit from DDM Tuning, WOW they are bright. The only drawback is that it’s not plug_and_play. All you need to do is remove the stock plug with a small screw driver and install the plugs that come with the kit. The great part is that they come with a life time warranty for about 50 dollars. I will try to upload pictures later.

·
Registered
861 Posts
i installed the VVME 35w (880 kit) in my low beams. they work wonderful and were under 50 bucks a kit. I also run Rigid LED light bars so i have no problems lighting up the dunes or my garage for that matter..lol :rolleyes:

·
Registered
618 Posts
I only put them in the High side as we can drive them on the road here and didn't want to be blinding oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
861 Posts
i think as long as you take the time to adjust them you will be fine..besides i am fine with being "seen very well" when driving down the road :) If i want to blind then i will blast them with my Rigid 30 inch lights!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I installed the Rigid industries kit in the hi-beams. Plug and Play with about a 10 minute install. I also mounted a pair of the kragen 4" HIDs on my cage. I left the halogens in for low beams, but with any of the HIDs on the halogens just wash out. I think I will just unplug the hallies.

·
Registered
618 Posts
It's hard to tell but as you are looking at the pic, left is stock high beam and right is the HID.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts