Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hot do the ballasts get after extended use? I'm wondering wheres the best place to mount them. Right now i'm leaning toword the frame uprights behind the grille.
If you are on the fence about buying a set, GO FOR IT! Holy shizit they are bright.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
let me know where you put them I have a set I have yet to put on.

Land of the midnight sun and all.

We will start getting dark at night next month so I will be installing the set in next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I have a set in-route now , s/b here in a couple days..so I am looking for the right spot to mount also

·
Registered
618 Posts
On my 650 I mounted them like this.

Can't seem to upload pics, will try later.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Where is a good place to order a set of HID's? and do they come with all four bulbs?

·
Registered
35 Posts
ebay :) if you get a kit it will come with everything you need to do 2 bulbs. So if you wanted to do all 4 lights than order two kits. I believe the bulb sizes are 880 or 881. I think either one will fit.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Putting them on the outside of the uprights is the way to go. Theres just enough space between the upright and headlight body to squeeze them in.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Finally saw pic to big message.

Here is how I mounted mine on the 650.

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
On my XTZ I just bolted them to the sides of the storage box and seems to be working well so far.

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Awesome! thanks guys.. this may be going on there soon! now if I only had the time to drive it and show off all the stuff i've been adding on while it holds the floor down in my shop!! lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts